The road to recovery...

Johnny_C

Lifer
The road to recovery...*update 3/9/11*

well,finelly took my car home today to get all sorted with it and built back up again,has been at a friend house since august last year.

was in a sorry state of itself...
DSC00016.jpg

DSC00017.jpg

DSC00018.jpg

gave it a good wash,was looking a hell of a lot better,i really cant wait to bring it back to the way it should be.
DSC00019.jpg

DSC00021.jpg

DSC00023.jpg

DSC00024.jpg

DSC00025.jpg

plans are along with refitting the new engine.

declutter the engine bay,what ever is not nessecary will be removed.
custom electric power steering set up.
possible wire tuck(will see if i can be assed too!)
completely poly bush every suspension component,then repaint them.
new brakes all round.

and a few other bits and pieces,drawing up a list of ideas at the min.
sorry abt the crap pics!
ill be updating this thread with progress and pics.
ive a busy few weeks ahead!!

Last edited:

andy87

Member +
good man johnny

it will be great fo see her back on the road again great car :drive:

gaskets should be here monday ;)

Johnny_C

Lifer
good man johnny

it will be great fo see her back on the road again great car :drive:

gaskets should be here monday ;)

no problem.

yeah dying to get it out again now,will sho u a few plans i have in mind for it when your down next.

stuarty1

Member +
that the thing of them we starlets lol we all just love pumping are hard earnd cash into them :haha:

s.murphy

Leinster Area Rep.
Good stuff Johnny, Best of luck over the coming weeks getting her sorted. Cant wait to see her back up and running.

Johnny_C

Lifer
that the thing of them we starlets lol we all just love pumping are hard earnd cash into them :haha:

Good stuff Johnny, Best of luck over the coming weeks getting her sorted. Cant wait to see her back up and running.

i like that colour matey looks smart

cheers fellas,its not easy when trying to get another car on the road at the same time!
ive loads to do with it,but at least its home and i can get on with it!

Jay

Admin
Nothing a little bit of TLC won't sort Johnny, it'll be easier to work at now the lighter nights are rolling in.

Jay

Johnny_C

Lifer
Nothing a little bit of TLC won't sort Johnny, it'll be easier to work at now the lighter nights are rolling in.

Jay

yeah it will be getting its TLC alright!
and the late evnings are what drove me to get this out again!

had a spare hour so thought id get somthing done with the bay!
ripped out the charcoal canister,and related vaccum jazz.
and trying to figure out some re-routing of wires,and a location for the electric power steering pump.

gave the bay a quick wash and all it needs is a few scrapes touched up and some polish(dirt was an excellant protection film,lol!)
DSC00026.jpg

DSC00028-1.jpg

sorry about the crap pics again,really need to get batterys for my camera!

madman

Member +
tis a long rough aul road johnny but ul get her der and the minute u drive her it will be all worth it ;)

giving her a younger one....

Johnny_C

Lifer
tis a long rough aul road johnny but ul get her der and the minute u drive her it will be all worth it ;)

giving her a younger one....
woke this morning and went out and the car was gleaming,really cant wait to get it back on the road!
quite a few ideas put together atm,but as i add more touches,it just holds me back longer,lol!

madman

Member +
woke this morning and went out and the car was gleaming,really cant wait to get it back on the road!
quite a few ideas put together atm,but as i add more touches,it just holds me back longer,lol!

i love it when they just stay clean specially in this weather.... erah sur it will be all worth it in the end JC