The Watch Thread

gv1.3

Admin
I really like watches and was wondering what all of you out there have or what you might like? There seems to be more and more watches aimed at commemorating racing events etc and I see a watch manufacturer now have a range of watches promoting the bentleys?!?

So weather it is a €1 watch you got in a "magic claw" arcade machine or a water powered watch (remember them??) from the late 80s... or maybe a calulator watch.. lets see em.

Also what nice feature do they have? Can you dive to 10000000 feet but you cant swim?? Does it stop working if you go up 30 feet in an elavator??

Ill start off with one of mine I got ages and ages ago:

Casio G-Shock
Features: Im sure it does lots but the only thing I remember about it is it turns the back light on automatically when you turn your wrist at a certain angle to look at the time :)

Attachments

• casio.jpg
    casio.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 93

sx_turbo

Lifer
i dont have a watch, i use my mobile.

i did have a watch but the battery ran out and i never bothered since.

stuart

Member +
Got this one for my 18th;

41t1lTpbb-L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Accurist, titanium with chronograph. Love it, nicely weighted, not too big and bling and most importantly it tells the time.

stuart

Member +
I must admit I like watches, could easily justify spending £000's on a good decent watch.

59bhp

Member +
i want a reimond weil so bad

or an omega sea master james bond edition................because james bond had one

stuart

Member +
I think there are nicer watches out there for the money.

Aye! A bloke at work just came back from NY, over across there with the company, picked up a lovely watch and at the moment becuase of the conversion rate it worked out stupidly cheap!

Imo watches are like the other things in life, such as what car you drive, what name of clothing you were....like an extension of your personality - why I always try to have a decent watch on me wrist lol...that might just be my way of thinking though!

gv1.3

Admin
Aye! A bloke at work just came back from NY, over across there with the company, picked up a lovely watch and at the moment becuase of the conversion rate it worked out stupidly cheap!

Imo watches are like the other things in life, such as what car you drive, what name of clothing you were....like an extension of your personality - why I always try to have a decent watch on me wrist lol...that might just be my way of thinking though!

Id agree but I like the styles more than the names. Like I think a £10 watch can suit the way someone is dressed and then a £10,000 can suit them if they are dressed differently.

Its like wearing a £1000 pair of shoes with a tracksuit :) lol there is a time and a place.

stuart

Member +
Its like wearing a £1000 pair of shoes with a tracksuit :) lol there is a time and a place.

I dress like that for work?? lol :homer:

but you're right!!

I'd never buy a gold watch though, just don't think they look right on males. I also detest those HUGE big bling watches that people where, think they are just too big and the bling factor is just another look at me sign!!

gv1.3

Admin
yeah I dont wear any gold in general though.. I dont think it suits me and I dont really like gold.