thinking of going emu ? y not be diffrent

Chris@CCM

Member +
looking at the cheaper range of haltech ecus today you can get a sprint 500 for just over 600 pounds posted from the usa thats with a loom and a 2.5bar map sensor , this ecu would do 9 out of 10 starlet owners jobs

what have u got over emu ? will its standalown so its much more flexable will run sequential injection , 4 coils , any map sensor u want tho comes with a built in 2.5bar sensor only other thing might need is a ls1 coil or 4 of them if u want to run 4 there not very dear

woth a look guys you would be about to get a good bit more for your car imo

wiring might look hard but is very easy tbh i would say most of you guys would not have any probs with it

http://www2.haltech.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=120&Itemid=88

Morph

Member +
The haltechs are a good unit ive a mate who runs a vr6 turbo golf on one with a gt35 turbo makes 400whp on the old 440's and its mapped by a mate local to me who thinks there a good unit to work with plus the golf runs an 12.1 1/4 and its fwd still.

wee-jo

Member +
What about omex ecu's? Is it ricky at racetech that sells them? what are they like compared to a haltech ecu?

Chris@CCM

Member +
What about omex ecu's? Is it ricky at racetech that sells them? what are they like compared to a haltech ecu?

never used omex there a good ecu but as far as i know u cant use the stock triggers with them could be wrong i just find haltech very easy to work with and tune

Last edited:

Rory

Lifer
Its certainly something to consider for the ones that want full control. (Me included!)

Awsome Chris, you have basically just opened a new window for Starlet owners. :rockon:

Superb.

thefalls

Member +
Would be interesting to see a "Haltech sprint" tuned starlet and an Emanage ultimate tuned startlet side by side.

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
I think a brand new EMU costs similare if not more than £700 by the time you buy your harnesses and greddy map sensor.

Chris@CCM

Member +
Would be interesting to see a "Haltech sprint" tuned starlet and an Emanage ultimate tuned startlet side by side.
haltech would give u much more control pal emu dose not let u do much with the timing or it starts messn about ,rev limtter ajust on emu tends not to work well , haltech lets u put in fuel cut if the car over boosts, o2 control that works well too all round the haltech would be better

Last edited: