This doesn't look like a PCV valve

ep91steve

Member +
My car has started to smoke, shouldn't be valve stems forged engine only done 17k, turbo was fine when a last had it off (250miles ago)
So could it be PVC valve

ep91steve

Member +
My car has started to smoke, shouldn't be valve stems forged engine only done 17k, turbo was fine when a last had it off (250miles ago)
So could it be PVC valve

Oooops
4d029ecc.jpg

stuarty1

Member +
giv it a clean and find out if it is the prob hav u checked all gaskets and pipes around the car wat colour is the smoke and do u get more smke wen driving ????

ep91steve

Member +
giv it a clean and find out if it is the prob hav u checked all gaskets and pipes around the car wat colour is the smoke and do u get more smke wen driving ????

White mate but headgasket fine, all new gaskets!
Does no smoke straight away on start up, but does about five minz after, a thot PVC is a diff design to my one in pic

Jay

Admin
Get a fresh and genuine Toyota valve along with a fresh grommet mate. Well worth replacing by the looks of it.

Jay

addz

Member +
It could be, but it doesn't mean that's the only culprit to smoke.

Part numbers:

PCV valve - 12204-10040

PCV grommet - 90480-18006

ep91steve

Member +
Well engine only got 17k so couldn't imagine it been valve stem
Turbo look ok when a had it off 250miles ago
New mani turbo decat exhaust gaskets
No symtoms off headgasket failure

Texx

Super Moderator
Pull the hose off of your spurious PCV valve and block the end up with a bolt or something similar. If the smoking then stops you'll know the PCV system is causing the problem, if the smoking persists then you've got an internal engine problem.