Thoughts on Ignition leads

Blak_Mamber

Member +
Hello peeps.

Just want your thoughts on the above. Need a replacement and was going to go for Magnicore Blue leads. But speaking to some people, and was told the fitment wasnt all that etc...

Looking at another alternative, Ultra Blue Leads..... Bit too much for my price range but sounds the bollox...

Just want some input from people who have used either/both or any others... (cant find any other types looking through traders section)

Any help is always appreciated.

Cheers.

Lewis :)

GTdan

In The Closet
NGK do some blue ones - for around £35 - ment to be very good indeed.

Im awaiting a trader on ebay to get back to me re his stock etc, so will post up then.

dac69er

Super Moderator
the fit of the magnecors is good (boot type). its just the build quality is a bit shite. hand built, but not very well. plus they are made in england so that says it all in my opinion!

Blak_Mamber

Member +
NGK do some blue ones - for around £35 - ment to be very good indeed.

Im awaiting a trader on ebay to get back to me re his stock etc, so will post up then.

Thanks mate, they sound kinda cool, and a price thats nice aswell :cool:
Let me know how you get on once you get a response from the gezzer :)

the fit of the magnecors is good (boot type). its just the build quality is a bit shite. hand built, but not very well. plus they are made in england so that says it all in my opinion!

Cheers 4 your reply mate. So if the fitment is cool, is it just the performance of the leads that are shite? :)

Edit: Mine will have to be Clip type. (EP82 post >92) Clip type worse then or something?

Blak_Mamber

Member +
Anyone using TRD or Ultra leads? Any good? May have to look into the NGK ones as the price is nice and appealing :D

sx_turbo

Lifer
Anyone using TRD or Ultra leads? Any good? May have to look into the NGK ones as the price is nice and appealing :D

yeah TRD are very good, i have had them for 2 years and they seem ok, they were on my old car when it came in from japan so how old they really are i dont know

GTdan

In The Closet
Legend. heres some rep mate.

You bought these ones then? What were you asking the seller (if you dont mind me asking :) )

theres a few other people running them - none in stock, and i want a set so trying to contact him to see when he will have more

Blak_Mamber

Member +
yeah TRD are very good, i have had them for 2 years and they seem ok, they were on my old car when it came in from japan so how old they really are i dont know

hmmm, cant seem to find anywhere that does them. Sound good tho. Will look into them.... :)

Cheers mate

theres a few other people running them - none in stock, and i want a set so trying to contact him to see when he will have more

So the link you gave me, dosent he have 2 sets left on that page?
Think im leaning towards these bad boys, seem like a great buy :D

dac69er

Super Moderator
magnecors perform ok if you get a set thats made ok. its just the build quality that isnt there. its hit and miss whether you get a decent set.

GTdan

In The Closet
So the link you gave me, dosent he have 2 sets left on that page?
Think im leaning towards these bad boys, seem like a great buy :D

there is no buy it now thou bud, as auction ended in september :p
and has sold them since, so awaiting for a reply on if he has/get any more in stock.

Blak_Mamber

Member +
magnecors perform ok if you get a set thats made ok. its just the build quality that isnt there. its hit and miss whether you get a decent set.

May see if i can get some of these NGK jobbies, if not, it will have to be the lucky dip of the magi's for me...

Thanks for your help dude.

Ben89

Lifer
i wouldnt advise the magnecores mate i have them and if you remember my car at the rr day they kept popping of the spark plugs when i was on the rollers lol

Blak_Mamber

Member +
i wouldnt advise the magnecores mate i have them and if you remember my car at the rr day they kept popping of the spark plugs when i was on the rollers lol

Hey man. I cant remember that happening but it dont sound good lol. Im gonna go with the NGK ones, shud have them in 10 days & half the price of magnicores :D