throttle body issues

kalibwenm

Member +

any idea what this tiny black hoes with some kind of sensor is and where it's suppose to connect?...refering to that black hoes near the intercooler pipe...

dac69er

Super Moderator
carbon canister related i reckon. if you dont have the carbon canister, just remove them and block the pipes off.

Jay

Admin
Just make sure you block the pipes up at the intake manifold side otherwise your idle will be affected.

There are reasons not to remove the charcoal canister but no-one has managed to blow themselves up as of yet lol.

dac69er

Super Moderator
Just make sure you block the pipes up at the intake manifold side otherwise your idle will be affected.

There are reasons not to remove the charcoal canister but no-one has managed to blow themselves up as of yet lol.

My starlets all run them. But my fiats one has been removed and it's fine. Just block those pipes

davehart

Member +
I've never known any going bang, not even on other Toyota models when removed. It's there to do something but if taken off won't destroy the car......as we know anyway :)

dac69er

Super Moderator
I've never known any going bang, not even on other Toyota models when removed. It's there to do something but if taken off won't destroy the car......as we know anyway :)

its for emission control from the fuel tank vent. its not needed.

kalibwenm

Member +
oh okay...lol...it was missing that part ever since i bought the engine from malaysia, last year, and i blocked it with a bolt...but yesterday a friend (mechanic, who owns a glanzaV) had me freaking out about it, saying that it's a very important component, and that i shouldn't have blocked it.

well, thanks for the clarifications guys, i really appreciate your help on here... :D