Tinted Rear Windows - is it Toyota Optional or I have to declare it as a MOD???

Paul_JJ

Member +
I heard that the same way as an LSD Gearbox and the rear strut brace some of the cars have Tinted Windows from the factory!

Do I have to declare that as a mod or not???

Thx!

Jay

Admin
Can't see it being a huge issue but I guess it depends on the insurance company in question Paul, best mentioning it to them and seeing what they say.

Tinted rear windies were an optional extra for sure.

Jay

si2001

Member +
Don't think mine were done originally done as an option because they were a mess. Much prefer the car without them. Less like a bread van :) just MHO though.

addz

Member +
Chap from sky broker has now confirmed.

But I was going to say yes as it can make it more desirable to rob, prevent vision etc.. and the shoddy list goes on

Paul_JJ

Member +
I would think the opposite ADDZ -) You can't see what's in the car, then you don't know if anything is there at all!

But trust me it's such a nice thing to have at night, my god that is the best mod EVER! So many idiots flashing lights/ badly adjusted HID and I don't care anymore - coz nothing will flash me or distract my attention while I'm driving!

Mine looks like original with toyota stickers on it on both sides... and really good quality as well! And looks minted on a white Glanza V!

c3dpo

Member +
Yup mine has the silver all around back window and windscreen and I quoted that and got a few pounds off :)

addz

Member +
Well you can't really oppose whether you should insure, or at least tell insurance about tints. There are reasons why it shouldn't affect insurance, and reasons why it may.

I was told on the phone by insurance that it makes the car more aesthetically pleasing, desirable to nick, blocks vision and the likes - can't argue with what they say albeit you can opine.

Tints make a nice bit of difference, and more than anything it, blocks the HIDs that enter the cabin of a low starlet

Paul_JJ

Member +
Yup mine has the silver all around back window and windscreen and I quoted that and got a few pounds off :)

Ha, what is your insurer?

I want the same -)))))) Never heard that a mod can REDUCE the cost of insurance. But in my case it wasn't a mod it was from the factory!

c3dpo

Member +
NIG at the time mate, it was factory fitted or so they reckoned? I boughtt the car on import like it ;)