TM Developments Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone had or got one of these?

Considering getting one:

Pros:

Cons:

Cheers Guys, dont want to wank £1850 on one if they shit lol!!!

glanza_dan

Fresh Recruit
, A lot off member have had there engine built by dave thats the only person i would get my engine rebuilt by , The price is good for what you get.

Last edited:

Barretta

Member +
Dave will be building my forged engine next week and his a top man,
At first wasn't quite sure who to go for but from the comments i received from the forum, I'm happy going with Dave to build the engine. He really knowns his stuff.

I traveled up to see him 2 weeks ago to deliver my engine and i met Dave, for the first time, he's a very good bloke, we chatted away about my work and he's monster starlet 430hp .
I was very impressed with his workshop, everything was tidy and professional.
I noticed that they take care about the work that they do. Also
they don't rush to do the work, everything is taking with care as its almost theirs. To me that is very important.:)
I'm very confident That Dave and Darren will do an amazing job. :drive:

Dane_Bristol

Member +
You can be 100% certain your forged engine will last if you go to Dave B. Done over 10 000 miles on mine and X2 track days still going strong.

toyobaz

Member +
Dave and Darren built my engine last year
competed in the sprint series last year and this year, and various track days
engine has been 100% reliable and not missed a beat
absolute faith in their work

if he was a surgeon we would all live to 150 !!

Dave.

Member +
They seem to be kept quite quiet though, maybe down to customer service?

I'm sure there is good and bad with all traders though, so I wouldn't let that hold you back.

Dave

GTdan

In The Closet
They seem to be kept quite quiet though, maybe down to customer service?

I'm sure there is good and bad with all traders though, so I wouldn't let that hold you back.

Dave
agreed - but think it says on daves site - no warranty???? which im sure is with all engines and daves just covering his back.

Theres good and bad...look at whast happened with toytuning.

weakboy2

Member +
My engine (elaines old one) came with full warranty :)

It went back for a headgasket fault after about 2k miles and mikey removed the engine, found a small piece of debris had fallen across the compression ring/waterway (really unlucky), had the block decked which meant full strip down, checked all tolerances (i.e. con rod bolt lengths) fitted a new zep HG which cost over £200 and rebuilt and refitted FREE OF CHARGE.

Now thats a warranty, the engine is in my car running 250bhp+ and has done two trackdays and lots of hooning lol, no problems here :)

Last edited:

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
My engine (elaines old one) came with full warrenty :)

It went back for a headgasket fault after about 2k miles and mikey removed the engine, had the block decked which meant full strip down, checked all tolerances (i.e. con rod bolt lengths) fitted a new zep HG which cost over £200 and rebuilt and refitted FREE OF CHARGE.

Now thats a warranty, the engine is in my car running 250bhp+ and has done two trackdays and lots of hooning lol, no problems here :)

That is awesome.

I do agree that a warranty would have to be essential if I were to get my engine built by someone, would want some come back for if they fucked up.

GTdan

In The Closet
My engine (elaines old one) came with full warranty :)

It went back for a headgasket fault after about 2k miles and mikey removed the engine, found a small piece of debris had fallen across the compression ring/waterway (really unlucky), had the block decked which meant full strip down, checked all tolerances (i.e. con rod bolt lengths) fitted a new zep HG which cost over £200 and rebuilt and refitted FREE OF CHARGE.

was that with dave/darren burwash??

weakboy2

Member +
Noooo,

Mikey built the engine, he has his own business called Vehicle Works down in poole, Dorset.

He was at japfest in the black EP71 with silver racing stripes and a big bottle of NOS in the boot hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.