~ Toad A1606 Alarm with Turbo timer question ~

Blak_Mamber

Member +
Hey all,

Planning on getting a Toad A1606 alarm fitted to my GT.

I currently have a HKS turbo timer already fitted.

Can the turbo timer still be used when the alarm is fitted? How will this work? Or will i need a new turbo timer to work with the Toad alarm?

Thanks in advance,

Lewis :)

Little Miss

Member +
I have that alarm fitted in my glanza with a turbo timer but whatever way mine is wired up, I can't use it

If I lock the car while the turbo timer is running, the car unlocks itself as soon as the turbo timer is finished.

There might be a different way of wiring it up though so that this doesn't happen?

sx_turbo

Lifer
if you fit a relay into the wiring when it's installed, you will get round it :)

my dads mate done mine for me :)

Blak_Mamber

Member +
Thanks for everyone’s input :)

My mate who’s fitting it is an approved car electrician but i don’t think he comes across too many cars with turbo timers, if any...

Is this some kind of module thing i will have to buy & install to make the alarm arm itself when the turbo timer shuts off ?

lew777

Member +
ive just had a scorpion alarm fitted and you cant lock the doors till the turbo timer has gone off which is abit of a ball ache

Blak_Mamber

Member +
You need a turbo timer unit on it, but it can be done.

So i can use my existing HKS unit thats already fitted to the car?

i have that alarm, works fine with turbo timer

Did you get yours fitted by a company ? What tubro timer you got dude?

if you fit a relay into the wiring when it's installed, you will get round it :)

my dads mate done mine for me :)

You got the Toad Ai606 too mate? Is it best to get it all fitted 1st, then work the turbo timer part out after? Im shit with electrics lol

churcherj

Member +
i got a toad alarm system fitted yesterday, and the company took out my greedy turbo timer as they said it taps into the car immobiliser system and when the car is running it doesnt alarm the immobiliser as it should, they said it would void the insurance, so its gone! there are probably wiring alternatives to keep it, but to be honest if ive driven the car hard i just let it run for a while before turning it off.....

danb87

South East England Area Rep
Blak_Mamber;824537 Did you get yours fitted by a company ? What tubro timer you got dude? [/QUOTE said:
i got the greddy turbo timer, bought it off abbott when he broke his car, an some one on here recomemnded me the alarm an the bloke was on ebay.

cant think of the name of the company of top of my head i know the blokes name was miguel i have his number if you want it, just pm me pal

sx_turbo

Lifer
give precision alarms a call lewis, there on the island, i used them many a time before, top company to deal with.

Blak_Mamber

Member +
CHeers people :)

give precision alarms a call lewis, there on the island, i used them many a time before, top company to deal with.

What i may do is get my mate to fit the alarm (mates rates etc.. ;)) and then maybe go to this place to get them to sort out the turbo timer so it works with the alarm. Ill speak to my mate 1st, but im pretty sure he's not familiar with fitting alarms to cars with turbo timers (he used to standard Fords etc...)

ktl

Member +
had the same problem with mine,, when arming the alarm it will just open the doors again. had to wait till car cut off. The fitter just installed a relay to go round it and worked :)