tong turbo :)

carrington865

Member +
OMG!!! wat a difference. i just fitted the hybrid from tongs turbo. cant explain how much of a difference it made. the car is so fast now.
gna book it in for a remap and will post up power figs later.

well happy with result and defo encourage any1 to get 1. 100%

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

ktl

Member +
How long did it take to get to you mate ? I'm definatly thinking of buying 1 very soon! and did you say its £465 delivered ?

carrington865

Member +
How long did it take to get to you mate ? I'm definatly thinking of buying 1 very soon! and did you say its £465 delivered ?

yeh mate 465 delivered. it came to me in about 8 days and it was totally worth every penny.

defo buy it mate u wont regret IMO

Glanza_cl

Member +
absolutly love my tong hybrid 170bhp at 0.7bar with almost the same torque... thats not to be sniffed at.

morpheus

Member +
OMG!!! wat a difference. i just fitted the hybrid from tongs turbo. cant explain how much of a difference it made. the car is so fast now.
gna book it in for a remap and will post up power figs later.

well happy with result and defo encourage any1 to get 1. 100%

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

i feel the same when i first tried mine...give it a proper map and u will see the results:p:p

easty-5

Member +
I felt the complete opposite from you guys. Mine was much laggier than my last hybrid and it didn't hold boost all that well either. It also started weeping oil after less than 2 months of it being fitted (which I have read has happened to a handful of other tong users too).

Blak_Mamber

Member +
Im yet to get mine mapped but im pretty pleased so far. Boost feels alot stronger & sounds 10x better spooling up.

Has anyone got theirs mapped on the FCD/FPR setup?

Enzo

Member +
I felt the complete opposite from you guys. Mine was much laggier than my last hybrid and it didn't hold boost all that well either. It also started weeping oil after less than 2 months of it being fitted (which I have read has happened to a handful of other tong users too).

this does not really match up with you writing this

I have a Tong hyrbid, emanage blue, Hdi front mount....blah blah blah. It's mapped at 1.2 bar.

Had it on track 3 times in the space of 2 months and it hasn't batted an eyelid other than the brakes failing lol. Providing it's a good map, the engine is well maintained and it's run on good oil then I can't see there being much problems at 1.2 bar :)

apart from corey i dont know anyone else who has had issues of oil weeping.
also why did you not inform me about it?

Jay

Admin
Been using one since around xmas in my auto, good gains even at a relaxed level of boost and can't really complain about the unit in the slightest - Service was topnotch, the fit was spot on, results were great and it hasn't shit the bed yet.

I appreciate that not everyone will have the same experience though, just sharing mine.

The earlier models from years ago were a different story though. If it didn't break by the end of the driveway then it was usually a good one! :haha:

easty-5

Member +
this does not really match up with you writing this

apart from corey i dont know anyone else who has had issues of oil weeping.
also why did you not inform me about it?

What I wrote in that statement had nothing to do with how I rated the turbo. It was about running 1.2 bar on a standard engine/Tong turbo (Can't remember which).

As for the oil weeping, I only noticed it about a week or so before I sold the car. It wasn't enough to really worry about, it just left a thin film of oil on the compressor casing.