tong turbo's hybrid

monka

Member +
any body on here used the tong turbos gt spec hybrid off ukstarlet club.

looks like a pretty decent bit of kit, just wanted to know who has used them

sx_turbo

Lifer
they are the turbo's that the infamous KITARO used to sell.

they are now being sold by a uk distributor, and i havnt seen any more complaints about them.

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Think thre was alot of oil seal failures within an extremly short period of time from fitting them.

But im sure theres lots on here have personal experience and can better inform u.

Last edited:

Guye

Lifer
I'm running a kitaro ct9/ct20 hybrid for almost a year with no issues. Kitaro's g spec units were apparently supplied by turbo tongs, who were set to improve the faults found in the g spec units (oil seals mostly). Never heard from them on this site again since they were soliciting business without proper trader status, but they were making some interesting claims about improved reliability. I am curious to find out if any users of these new hybrids (turbo tongs g specs) can attest to improved build quality/reliability or lack thereof.

Ady

Member +
i have one of the units in question and i think it is brilliant. ive had it on since october (i think) no problems what so ever.

and the customer service is very very good. cant speak highly enough imo.

speaking from experience. :)

Adam_Glanza

Member +
unfortunately due to kitaro there name's been brandished but im sure they will be better.

aslong as if you get a problem they sort it out thats all that matters

Ady

Member +
yeah good question lewis! always wondered why it was welded on.

i suppose the diesel turbos are cheaper to aquire second hand, but isnt the exhaust housing different on the diesel ct9?

sx_turbo

Lifer
yeah good question lewis! always wondered why it was welded on.

i suppose the diesel turbos are cheaper to aquire second hand, but isnt the exhaust housing different on the diesel ct9?

they sometimes sell the turbo without exhaust side, thats how they get round it