toolk kits...

markeybhoy

Member +
just a daft thread to see if anyone can recommend a website or tool kit to purchase. im looking to start doing any work on my car myself so i wanna buy a decent set of tools. its snap on stuff i use in work, its a bit on the expensive side tho for the amount ill be using it.

was thinking halfords for ease more than anything, whats the general view??

Spoonz

Member +
i got loads of halford proffessional stuff all garunteed for life exactly the same has snap on stuff.
Dunno if u have snap on vans over there but u can get good bargains from them

Ben89

Lifer
i got a big halfords socket set 100 peice one its really good value for money and quality mate defo recommend it!

gv1.3

Admin
make sure there is a set of ratcheted spanners in it with the swivel heads... make life so much easier!

markeybhoy

Member +
just wondering, iv been lookin about and all sets seem to come with straigh sockets, is there much use for wobblies on a car engine?? i recon these would be a must to get in at angles n stuff??

markeybhoy

Member +
ill end up jus nickin a load of gear that i need from work anyway lol

ill take a wee visit to halfords later on tonight and see what they have :)

Spoonz

Member +
well i remeber there something like 12quid a spanner for the ones i got but they do a set of spanner which has all the common sizes from 10 to 19 which will be more then usefull, Make sure you get halford professional for the life time garuntee and not the chrome something another

Fishy89GT

Banned
halfords have a massive kit half price for 100 quid now...
its guranted for life so if you break a bit, they chage it free or charge supposedly which aint too bad..!

razor

Member +
Would recommend halfords stuff, not 2 shaby and with the proffesional series lifetime gaurantee
I use snap on in work but very expensive :( ecspecially when u gotta buy it urself

markeybhoy

Member +
thanks for the advice guys. dont know what to go for lol the draper set from tooled-up looks pretty good, 135piece kit... with what i have lying around i think will be more than sufficient. :)

Idrees

Banned
This thread reminds me... I need some new tools so they are the next things I need to spend my money on!