Toyota GT 86

carmen

Member +
Hey everyone do any of you think the Toyota GT 86 will be a good or a bad car when its launched? Whats you views on it?

SumoDan

Trader
It's already being quoted as the best car of 2012, Cheap, front engine, Rear wheel drive..... I want one! :cool:

carmen

Member +
It's already being quoted as the best car of 2012, Cheap, front engine, Rear wheel drive..... I want one! :cool:

x2 i want one as well might take one for a test drive to see how they are but got a baby on the way and need to buy a house dont know what the misses would say if i came home from work in that instead of the glanza :L

AdamB

Member +
Worth a test drive I think ;) on toyota's website it said they will have more info in June, is that when it's released?

carmen

Member +
Just look how cool you could be!!.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dAh3GGv-rqs

The missus would love it too lol

Well the glanza was her idea in the first place so maybe i can win her over if i bought her enough baby stuff :L:L

Worth a test drive I think ;) on toyota's website it said they will have more info in June, is that when it's released?
I think its due to be released in July I might test drive the GT and Scoob version and see which one wins me over but im sure its the Toyota

carmen

Member +
1.998 liter / 121.9 cu in
Bore / Stroke 86.0 mm (3.4 in) / 86.0 mm (3.4 in)
Compression 12.5:1
Valvetrain 4 valves / cylinder, DOHC
Fuel feed Toyota D-4S Direct Fuel Injection
Aspiration Naturally Aspirated

Power 197 bhp / 147 KW @ 7000 rpm
Torque 205 Nm / 151 ft lbs @ 6600 rpm

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/car/5015/Toyota-GT-86.html

got the specs off of here its a good read i really want one and i will really want one if they turbo that flat 4 engine or produce its own toyota engine in the future

AdamB

Member +
Sounds good, I'm sure it won't be long till other tuning companies produce some products for this :)
Has there been a price released for what it will sell for over here?

carmen

Member +
For what ive read around £25k mark but im sure there will be a confirmed price come out in the next few months

SupaStu

Member +
For what ive read around £25k mark but im sure there will be a confirmed price come out in the next few months

Lol i'm never ever going to be able to afford that, or justify that for a car, unless I win the lotto!

At least i'll get a test drive from Toyota as the lads in the Derry dealer are decent.

Last edited:
Salesman in my work are all creaming themselfs about this :drive: All wanting to be picked to go on the demo course for it to do "mad drift skillzz" , even though autocar sayed it's realy hard to get a good skid out it due to being under powered lol.

TRD spec looks decent but i'll wait for the subaru boys to make the "special" edition :rockon: