Toyota Paseo/Cyno B with ACIS 5efhe dyno plot

does anyone have any OEM paseo or cynos B/beta brochures which contain dyno graphs for these models with the stock ACIS manifold and 5efhe engine?
or dyno charts for a stock ACIS 5efhe engine in general?

Jay

Admin
After quite a bit of digging all the factory Cynos brochures appear to be fashion magazines with very little technical content..

20230720_110713.jpg

Had dig even deeper to find a Motor Fan magazine to get this info :

20230720_110700.jpg

Bonus comparison of the 5EFE on the previous page:
20230720_110644.jpg

Jay

Admin
Don't know what the craic is with the red leads, any I've seen in the wild had black ones fitted so maybe there was a change during production or something.

thank you very much Jay :cool: ...those were the exact graphs i was looking for...found some pictures on the internet, but the quality wasn't the best, especially when enlarged.

the red leads look like TRD plug wires...i still have some on my car,,,they have truly lasted a very long time (knock on wood)

Last edited:
if it isn't too much of a bother, can you get pictures of the two pages in their entirety or the extra writing at the bottom of the pages?....just in case its related to the actual pictures/engines,...I'm going to try to find someone or an app to translate them for me

SKINY

Lifer
if it isn't too much of a bother, can you get pictures of the two pages in their entirety or the extra writing at the bottom of the pages?....just in case its related to the actual pictures/engines,...I'm going to try to find someone or an app to translate them for me
Google has a camera app Bud :)
Google translate

Jay

Admin
Explanation of the acis manifold.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230720_111345_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20230720_111345_Google.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 20230720_111518.jpg
    20230720_111518.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 12
Similar to the T-VIS system on the 3s series engines
very much so,,,as 3S/4A TVIS information was very abundant in the past on the internet/forums, that's what i used to aid with the ACIS manifold set up.... Comparatively speaking, there was very limited 5E ACIS data at the time,..and some who had information, kept it secret, while others used incorrect set ups which negated the benefits of the system...if i remember correctly, i think Hoodey was one of the first members to test, document and post information on the forums.

Reactions: Jay