Toyotagtturbo is awesome

Phil

Super Moderator
Right I've been here for a wee while now,

But today toyotagtturbo surprised me afresh. I was looking info valve shrouding and 3/5 angle valve jobs... And really the site just keeps throwing up great threads.

Some of questions asked are searching and answers we have here at our fingertips are more than insightful!

Fantastic 4efte resource

Phil

Rory

Lifer
Couldn't agree more Phil. :D
Still the place to find all the use full 4efte information on the web.

Guye

Lifer
100% agreed. Just the other day I did a search for injector lag times. Found what I was looking for pretty quickly but then spent the rest of the time reading up the excellent threads all the same. toyotagtturbo.com forever!

davehart

Member +
Quite right Phil!

TGGT is the daddy for all Starlet related issues. Just a shame its a bit quiet sometimes :)

Jay

Admin
My standard search method:

Look for X, get distracted with threads on Y & Z.

In TGTT we trust

thumbs-up.gif

davehart

Member +
I think we should have a hall of shame for everyone that breaks a nice looking GT :)

if I had a shed big enough I'd buy em and save em all!

rage

Lifer
have that a lot aswell :) browsing the topics found what i needed, keep reading and think: this wasn't what i was looking for but this is really interesting!

SketS47

@Rage, I know right! I keep reading page after page on stuff I wasn't looking at in the first place :)

I might even get carsmart soon! ToyotaGTturbo.com ftw!

5e colin

Member +
thats tru mate i live in the middle of nowhere :) :) i could be a yetti and not been seen ha ha but on the other hand i dont need help ha ha :p :p-

Phil

Super Moderator
But the starlet community is based on the blind leading the blind

Has been for centuries :)

th_Blinded.jpg

Get with the program and stop knowing stuff.

You hear that acl bearings are scrap? Motorfactors ones are definitely better. Word on the street. Lol

Phil

Last edited:

5e colin

Member +
wel i for 1 dont want to rebuild my engine every 25.000 with acl says you have to there deffo not crap just dont last long !!! , so yes moterfactors bearings last a lot longer then that , my engine is the proof of that

Phil

Super Moderator
Ive used ACL a couple of times and never had any issues, and done plenty of mile on my previous near 30k myself and they werent marked when they came out 4or5 owners and many miles later than my own 30k.

ACL race bearings are likely a better quality than most and suggest changing because for the expected performance aspect or to cover ACLs bum

the motorfactors are likely grand as well even if from cheaper manufacturer, they obviously arent going to say change after 25k or they wouldnt sell any.

Phil

wickedep

Trader
i am not a fan of acl aluglide (normal range). acl race is a different story. but not available for our engines unless you buy bulk sets..only then will acl manufacture a set. its a different story running aluglides with 300hp reving to stock red line. different kettle of fish when your making over 400hp and reving to 8.5-9k rpm.

for 98% of the people using them..they should work fine. but when pushed to the extreme..i am not very confident about them. guys this is just my personal opinon..so take it with a pinch of salt... :)

Last edited:

Phil

Super Moderator
i am not a fan of acl aluglide (normal range). acl race is a different story. but not available for our engines unless you buy bulk sets..only then will acl manufacture a set. its a different story running aluglides with 300hp reving to stock red line. different kettle of fish when your making over 400hp and reving to 8.5-9k rpm.

for 98% of the people using them..they should work fine. but when pushed to the extreme..i am not very confident about them. guys this is just my personal opinon..so take it with a pinch of salt... :)

Yup i agree around stock rev limit, the OEM replacement (aluglide) is grand, just as oem is grand.

crazy power, race is your best bet, and if you really need race bearings you will likely changed them regularly anyways

here is ACL comparison (aluglide/duraglide/race (in order of greatness lol)

http://www.aclperformance.com.au/us/prod_e_bearingsus.htm

Pretty sure i ran duraglide from the states about 6yr ago, anyone have a link to a seller/stockist of the duraglide stuff.?

http://www.frsport.com/ACL-5M8392--25-Main-Bearing-Set-Toyota-1E-2E-4EFE-Size--0-25_p_59274.html

Phil

darraghmh91

Member +
This site is great for reading back on theres endless info on this site .. Something ukso cant copy over to his site
I really would love this site to come back the way it would have been all them years ago

Jay

Admin
Hell no, I couldn't handle the madness of how it used to be.

Everyday we had 15+ pages of people arguing with each other, ripping each other off and generally just spamming the joint up. Moderating today is a breeze compared to all that silliness. Thankfully the information was a valuable side effect of the traffic.

Nowadays even I can actually use the site as it was intended instead of having my head melted.

TGTT is in 'chill out' mode at last!