Transaction With Bicrod

Gee

Member +
I bought an intercooler off Bicrod on this site which was described to having some fin damage which was not a problem.

I was also told that it had all the piping to suit a CT9 setup.

I paid £260 for the intercooler and piping etc and it was dropped off at my mechanic's to be fitted. My mechanic did not have time to fit the cooler and I was told mine was more than efficent..OK fine.

So I decided to sell it on to another member on this site in good faith for £200, which leaves me £50 down.

Turns out that the 'fin damage' is actually a HOLE and not all the pipes are present and some are cut!

There is black around the hole where air has been leaking and an intercooler that does not hold pressure is obviously useless.

Now I am getting the worthless intercooler back from who I sold it to and I am refunding his money, because basically I am an honest guy and did not know it was fucked.

I am having to pay postage on it too!

I am a bit of a wally for not checking the goods properly I must admit, but I bought it in good faith off a member on here.

Bicrod bought an Autobahn cooler to replace this and now I know why..it was leaking through the hole.

Paypal cant help, as it has gone over the caldender 45 days - due to the cooler sitting in the attic and then at the garage to be fitted.

I have emailed Bicrod and sent a PM today and he was on this site yesterday, so will more than likely also checked his email.

Eitherway, do you really think he is going to refund my money? Doubt it, but if so, then this will only then turn in to a happy ending and good feedback for him.

So I'm currently £300 down at the moment, all in time for Xmas..

Last edited:

lil-evil

Fresh Recruit
I think it is buyer beware and after slating him on site id say he'll tell you where to stick it....... Should have waited for his reply before posting this !!!

Gee

Member +
He has now replied via PM suggesting I damaged the cooler.

However, the hole goes straight through where he showed me the fin damage, so what are the chances of that eh? And it was simply stored, not to mention it came with the black stain around the damaged area, which I have been advised is where it was leaking. I did not realise this or it would of gone back straight away. Hell if I knew thats what it was, it wouldnt of even been bought.

EDIT:

He told me also the cooler came on his Glanza like that and he sold it to me after removing it. But he still sold me a unusable cooler regardless of how he bought it. I bet his car boosts a lot better now the Autobahn cooler has been fitted?

Have you noticed this Bicrod..????

Not sure what the mods are able to do thou really. Will be phoning my card company on Monday.

Last edited:

Gee

Member +
Hi Phenom,

You may be right, but like I said in the first post, if he does give me a refund then it turns in to good feedback for him does it not?

He has replied suggesting I damaged the cooler anyway and now logged off. I guess it is easier said than done when it's not your own £300, maybe I panicked a bit but the thread is here now.

Your comment is appreciated.

Phenom

Member +
Gee,
I've deleted my reply as it was out of context.
You replied before me -- I'm an old fart and can't type fast enough.
If he won't refund you in full, I'll be all over him like a rash on your behalf.
So will many others I imagine.
Best regardz,
Alan.

Gee

Member +
Don't worry about it mate.

There is bound to be people that come a long with the same sort of suggestion's but like I say, maybe I was a bit hasty but when its £300 of your hard earned, it hurts!

Adam_Glanza

Member +
i fully agree with you gee, thats why im reluctant to buy 2nd hand goods because you always get this shit!

but he obviously new it was damaged or why would he sell it for another intercooler? doesnt really make sense does it. if he doesnt want to give you a full refund then maybe i dont know if its possible to be repaired but maybe he could pay for that instead? just a thought mate.

unfortunately his name will be tarnished on this site and i know thats no comfort for your good earned money but its a start aye. good luck

Gee

Member +
He has refused a refund.

Reckon's the damage done has been done by me. Some how I have managed to create a hole EXACTLY on the spot where the damage was already...even the black around the hole was already there which proves an air leak.

Last hope is the credit card company on Monday and I have emailed Paypal again.

Be careful guys. Too any horror stories occuring here now.

Last edited:

Gee

Member +
The length of time is rather excessive, over 45 days anyway as Paypal can't do anything. I agree, I would be a bit iffy too if someone came back to me after that length of time, however it WAS recieved with damage and markings already. I stored it in the attic and then it was layed around waiting to be fitted. The hole was already there, but you cant tell in the pictures. You can clearly see the black where it has been leaking thou.

To suggest I somehow poked a hole in the exact place the cooler was already damaged is ludicrous.

I really should of checked the damage properly, I'm kicking myself for now - I even took pictures to sell it on. Sure am learning my lesson now thou Kelly. The £200 I am now refunding was going towards mapping my car :(

Last edited:

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
well considering the intercooler has been stored away for quite a long period of time, it is partially ur fault gee for not checking it, but i suppose after everybody knows better..

what was bicrods answer? did he offer some sort of compensation? or at least give u the missing pcs of the kit? its its a hole in the ic ur worried about than its a small problem as aluminium can be welded easily.. can u give us a pic of the ic? & the piping pls?

hope u get sorted out, but pls remember, when buying from a user on site, be careeful who u deal with as if they are not registered traders there is little we can do to help unfortunately.. also its worth saying "Pls always check what u rcv lads, make sure goods are in the condition they where meant to be, when advertised on site" as after time passes it would be more difficult.

good luck gee.
kon

Gee

Member +
Hello Hybrid,

Yes, already mentioned that I should of checked the intercooler more thoroughly and I am paying the price now for that.

The current person that has it took it to a garage who said it could not be welded and is useless. How can you weld a hole going through the cooler?

He has not offered any type of partial refund, just said I must of damamged it. Yeah... in the exact same spot it was damaged when sent.

Live and learn I guess.

bicrod

Member +
I sold this intercooler to gee over 9 weeks ago on october 3rd. When i sold it to him i showed him pictures of all the damage that was on the intercooler and all of the pipework that was fitted on the car. It was removed and placed into a box and sent to him with no parts missing and no further damage that was shown in the pictures so the intercooler was sold as seen. Gee has had this item for over 9wks stored away in a garage or some where, where it could of easly got damaged or have parts gone missing out of it and scince then sold it on to some one else so why does the blame fall with me ?? Hes had over 9wks to check and if he had come back to me after 2 weeks saying its damaged i would have no problem refunding the money as it was insured through transit at my partners work in a ware house but not after 9 weeks and scince then its been sold on again. Also know you have just slated me on the forum and i have people saying that they will be all over me like a rash ??? so im not going to be made to feel welcome at meets or such events as you are a long term member and im still a newbie. Im sorry that this has happerned but i feelthat i am not to blame
Andrew

Kelly

Member +
I really should of checked the damage properly, I'm kicking myself for now - I even took pictures to sell it on. Sure am learning my lesson now thou Kelly. The £200 I am now refunding was going towards mapping my car :(

yeh i know the time is a big thing but i understand your point tho as i know you do store things in the attic Gee and dont doubt what your saying one bit.

Just would have been a diff story maybe if this was sooner after :(

Gee

Member +
Yeah, thanks for your support.

I have to pay the guy to ship the cooler and piping back to me, so thats another £40 down. Will try and sell some of the piping atleast and look in to getting the cooler repaired but one place has already advised it is worthless.

We'll see.

Better get saving again fro the remap :(

bicrod

Member +
I had actually writen a lenghy replie defending myself but it hasnt been posted up. First of all thank you very much for slating me and thank you for the fact like you said im going to be tarnished and not be made to feel welcome at meets and events its nothing more than bullying and the mods should have stepped in. Ill offer you £100 refund but thats it and you will have to wait until thursday until i get paid. And saying that you will be all over me like a rash is that a threat ?? I dont make a habbit of ripping people off .