TRD engine mount/damper fitting

MJA

Member +
might be a stupid question, but does the engine need to be removed when fitting TRD engine mounts and an engine damper? and how do i go about doing it?

sx_turbo

Lifer
to do the drivers side engine mount, put a block of wood on top of the jack, and gently rest the engine on the jack. once that is replaced, put the block of wood on the gearbox casing between the driveshafts, you can now do the other 2 mounts. you will also need to take the exhaust off the downpipe/cat

chinaone

Member +
might be a stupid question, but does the engine need to be removed when fitting TRD engine mounts and an engine damper? and how do i go about doing it?

Where did you pick up a set of TRD mounts from? and how much?

dac69er

Super Moderator
to do the drivers side engine mount, put a block of wood on top of the jack, and gently rest the engine on the jack. once that is replaced, put the block of wood on the gearbox casing between the driveshafts, you can now do the other 2 mounts. you will also need to take the exhaust off the downpipe/cat

i never had to take the exhaust off the downpipe? can do it all in place.

dac69er

Super Moderator
havn't got them yet, think they are £170 from Toby. I want to do the engine mounts and damper at the same time as the manifold

get ready for your interior to shake a bit once thats all done. they do bed in a bit but they will be alot stiffer than stock items!

dac69er

Super Moderator
mines just some random 2" system, dunno the make.

removed the mount when i do the clutch and ive never touched the exhaust or even had it in the way at all!!!

fantasiagreen

Fresh Recruit

Where on the engine do you put the jack? Just on the sump or somewhere else?

Cheers