TRD engine mounts, how to tell?

sx_turbo

Lifer
hi guys

since i've bought my car i never new exactly wot the car has had modifications wise, i've had to find it out for myself.

but i was wondering if there was any way of telling if i have uprated engine mounts.

i ask as i cant see ant stickers on any of the mounts, but when car is idling you can feel it vibrating through the car, its not the engine worn out as its recently been rebuilt and tuned correctly.

Dave.

Member +
My car vibrates a LOT on idle too (steering wheel shakes amongst other things), as does my mates, and my old GT...

is there a reason for this?? (sorry to hijack)

sx_turbo

Lifer
well there is a white sticker on 2 of them but they worn out over the years.

oh well will just have to save the pennies,:(

sx_turbo

Lifer
lol, ours must of been tuned in the same place :p

yeah mine to.

@ riko- dont be a smart arse, i thought i had better ask before i went and wasted £170 on something i may not need, as unfortunately i dont like wasting money, through wrong assumptions ;)

riko666

Member +
yeah mine to.

@ riko- dont be a smart arse, i thought i had better ask before i went and wasted £170 on something i may not need, as unfortunately i dont like wasting money, through wrong assumptions ;)

Chillax chap, wasn't mocking you, didn't mean it to be taken that way :homer:

sx_turbo

Lifer
Chillax chap, wasn't mocking you, didn't mean it to be taken that way :homer:

it ok we cool, after rereading wot i wrote it sounded bad not meant that way though fella, i know u were messing and 99.9% of the time ur actually a funny fucker.:p

riko666

Member +
need to work on the remaining 0.1%, damn :( No problem chap, you may not know this but I think I love you....:eek: Errr, did I just say that in public?

Anyway, gayness apart, try shaking the engine, if it's rock hard then...well :p You don't have an OEM LSD do you?

sx_turbo

Lifer
need to work on the remaining 0.1%, damn :( No problem chap, you may not know this but I think I love you....:eek: Errr, did I just say that in public?

Anyway, gayness apart, try shaking the engine, if it's rock hard then...well :p You don't have an OEM LSD do you?

lol

i tried shaking the engine, wont budge, i also tried using a metal rod to leaver it but still didnt move, but when i went to the rr it seemed to move a fair bit but not as if an engine mount had gone.

riko666

Member +
would part numbers be stamped on it perchance? Or try inspect the stickers closely, see if there's any outline of lettering remaining

sx_turbo

Lifer
would part numbers be stamped on it perchance? Or try inspect the stickers closely, see if there's any outline of lettering remaining

ive tried comparing pics but they both look identical to each other, lol, and the stickers are really worn, well at least the ones i can see, as there the ones that get weathered.

oh well i just save up me pennies, to get new ones.

riko666

Member +
Just saying, as in that case you wouldn't be able to have the rear LSD mount (unless you're a lucky bastard), and hence the engine should or would have some leighway when shaken longitudinally if the other 2 were TRD Units (Sx did state 2 of his mounts had stickers)

dantheman

Member +
get a mirror and light and take a look at the rubber part of the mount, you can see if they are worn or not..

also the trd mounts may have some trd logos on the rubber bits themselfs so may be worth a look.