tried out my power fc a few moments ago

dac69er

Super Moderator
seems ok, obviously not mapped for my car yet but seemed to go ok.
i have noticed 2 little things different compared to the stock ecu. when you turn the ignition on it primes the fuel pump, something that the stock ecu doesnt do. it also seems to be a bit better at holding the idle up when you use the elctric windows etc.
the overall idle hunted very very slightly but wasnt too bad.

impressed with the commander, seems really easy to use, didnt alter anything thought!

i did notice the knock bar thingy. how much knock is acceptable according to the graph? mine went up about 10-15mm ish?

dac69er

Super Moderator
its not a base map, its mapped for smores car which is basically the same setup as mine apart from a gspec turbo and a fmic.

i only went up the road and back just to see what it went like and to make sure it all worked as it should

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
My 4efte ECU Primes the fuel pump on ignition...:confused:

that means ur pump is wired in directly & has bypassed the relay.. thus its on max flow constantly.. a very popular thing to do in the N1 series, as they cant upgrade the fuel pump //rrfpr in certain catagories..

MikeGlanzaV

Trader
I had a PFC on my old Evo 4. I was told up to around 20 on the knock count is nothing too bad at all. Unfortunately I saw it get to 50 odd once and soon after the engine suffered crankwalk. New engine required :-( So in went Evo 5engine plus Evo 8 MR turbo and all mapped up. With a few months saw a random 70 i think it was on the knock count. Went to get map adjusted. Big end shell spun on the dyno :-(. New shells required and rebuild. I don't think its an exact science but in my experience if your seeing 30+ regularly change the map!!! After that I could not drive the car without my eyes being fixed to the knock count which is one of the reasons I sold it. Spoilt the enjoyment.

riko666

Member +
that means ur pump is wired in directly & has bypassed the relay.. thus its on max flow constantly.. a very popular thing to do in the N1 series, as they cant upgrade the fuel pump //rrfpr in certain catagories..

Probably done as I was running 1Bar when I had he conversion done...with no FMIC, RRFPR etc, besides the fact I'm using a 5efhe Fuel Pump, so i'm unsure of it's flow rate compared to the 4efte's....Thanks for clearing that up Kon!

HYBRID

Probably done as I was running 1Bar when I had he conversion done...with no FMIC, RRFPR etc, besides the fact I'm using a 5efhe Fuel Pump, so i'm unsure of it's flow rate compared to the 4efte's....Thanks for clearing that up Kon!

i wouldnt use that pump the flow rate as far as i know is lower than that of the ep's.. im sure i read somewhere its something around 160LPH...

dont quote me on that though.. :(

HYBRID

i thought the GT's was 135lph?! :confused: ...or is it 190lph? bah, need to get my facts right

no their not that low.. im sure it was in the region of 175LPH but im not sure.. damn.. :shoot:

Aga

Member +
both in mine and gorg's car the fuelpump priming was audible AFTER we installed the fc's. as far as i know the stock setup squirts on cranking.

dac did you do the startup setup procedure?

dac69er

Super Moderator
both in mine and gorg's car the fuelpump priming was audible AFTER we installed the fc's. as far as i know the stock setup squirts on cranking.

dac did you do the startup setup procedure?

startup setup procedure? whats that entail?

Gee

Member +
He did not no, its already mapped for a car and he has just thrown it on and took it for a spin.

In regards to knock...I thought anything under 50 was OK. Saying that, a lot is phantom knock!

Dac, you can change from the graph to the bar and numerics...right arrow I think.

dac69er

Super Moderator
cool, a number would be alot more useful. ill have a look when i stick it on before mapping.
i was just making sure it all worked properly, just took it for a spin out of interest as its not a map a million miles away from what my setup is.

what is this startup procedure anyway?