Trouble with Sky Insurance??

parkiboy

Member +
well ive just rang up sky insurance for a quote on an integra dc2, i'm 21 and they said they will not insure my til i'm 23 as my postcode is a high risk area, i said that it isn't but he was pretty adament it was.

Well ive had a look and my post code is only a class B which is pretty darn good i thought? anyone else had a problem like this?

starbogt

Member +
Yes all insurance companies have their own policies on where is a good area! ours is classed as a high group area just round the corner from you but they will do better deals when you are older!

skyinsurance

Member +
Hi, we do have restrictions for Doncaster (DN) postcodes, as follows:

Off road parking
Cat 1 alarm
Comprehensive cover - aged over 25
TPFT cover - aged over 23
Minimum of 2 years NCB
Free from claims in last 12 months

Apologies we were unable to help you, these restrictions are bought in due to a higer than normal claims/loss ratio in your area.

Jay

Admin
Yeah, was about to say that a PM or phonecall to Ollie would be the best bet as he can explain/advise in person.

Jay

parkiboy

Member +
i dont understand why they class DN as a whole though? Doncaster is one of the biggest boroughs in the country.

I thought these codes were set for a reason?

DN Doncaster
1, 4-5, 11-12 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . F *
2-3, 6 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . E *
7-9, 16-17, 19-20, 37-39 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . B
10, 14, 18, 21-22 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . A
15, 31, 33-34, 36, 40-41 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . C
32, 35 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . D*

yes we have bad area's like everywhere but im in DN7 which is a risk B area, seems a load of bollox if you ask me :confused:

skyinsurance

Member +
i dont understand why they class DN as a whole though? Doncaster is one of the biggest boroughs in the country.

I thought these codes were set for a reason?

DN Doncaster
1, 4-5, 11-12 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . F *
2-3, 6 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . E *
7-9, 16-17, 19-20, 37-39 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . B
10, 14, 18, 21-22 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . A
15, 31, 33-34, 36, 40-41 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . C
32, 35 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . D*

yes we have bad area's like everywhere but im in DN7 which is a risk B area, seems a load of bollox if you ask me :confused:

The guide is only there as a guide. It is not set in stone and varies from company to copmany.. the guide below may have been posted by me but it is just a generic guide.

You may live in a beautiful, sleepy area but there is nothing to stop thieving scrotes coming out of the dodgy areas and stealing/vandalising your car. Our company underwriter's have put restrictions on that area for a reason... the reason is a high claims/loss ratio.

Just becuase we cannot insure you it doesnt mean other companies wont.

Regards

Ollie
Sky Insurance

Gee

Member +
Just ring another company mate, nothing Ollie can do.

They would not insure me on my Glanza and I got two cracking quotes from other companys which I was very happy with.

Unlimited modifications and give you a quote on power, not the amount of mods. Like for like cover on mods too.

Gee

Member +
Erm..I think one was www.brentacre.com and the other Adrian Flux.

Both were through NIG.

Adrian Flux gave me the better deal but Brentacre promised no admin charges for adding additional mods etc.

I'm sure you guys have seen my mod list by now...I declared every little single thing. Some hope for those driving around without the majority of modifications declared ;)

mcleod

Member +
what were some of the other quotes you got gee and the brentcare one so i can resemble the difference please. cos mines due in feb and sky could'nt help me last year

parkiboy

Member +
i know what your saying ollie and i know theres nothing you can do it just seems silly as come 23 it seems you dont get scrotes coming round your end any more.. :p

anyways no problem there loss not mine i'll take my business elsewhere just heard alot of good things about sky. Ill ring round tomorrow as bell (who im with now) want silly money to insure an integra, like 2k+ yet i can get insured on a gt for just short of 700 quid.

If i cant get a reasonable quote ill just get another starbo :p

herbie

Member +
So parkieboy being 23 would reduce the chance of vandalism and theft from scoates from another area? Very much doubt it.

Gee

Member +
what were some of the other quotes you got gee and the brentcare one so i can resemble the difference please. cos mines due in feb and sky could'nt help me last year

Our ages, location, time of license held, location, parking are all going to be different mate. Just call em ;)

GTti

Member +
So parkieboy being 23 would reduce the chance of vandalism and theft from scoates from another area? Very much doubt it.

He's not saying that is he.

It's a combination of his age, driving experience and car requirements for the area in question.

lanxter

Member +
Erm..I think one was www.brentacre.com and the other Adrian Flux.

Both were through NIG.

Adrian Flux gave me the better deal but Brentacre promised no admin charges for adding additional mods etc.

I'm sure you guys have seen my mod list by now...I declared every little single thing. Some hope for those driving around without the majority of modifications declared ;)

tell me to fuck off gee but can i ask how much you was paying on the forged TD04?

as im paying bout 800 at 25 with 4 years NCB all mods declaired
bearing in mind i have very few engine mods no bigger turbos etc
just carbon bonnet wheels and suspesion really.

herbie

Member +
He's not saying that is he.

It's a combination of his age, driving experience and car requirements for the area in question.

So what if:

Car was parked in a garage at night
Cat 1 alarm/tracker
Say driving and full NCB since passing test at 17
and say he was almost 23 years old.

Id say that thats pretty poor to be refused insurance. If thats their policy nowt can be done about I suppose.

Just look elsewhere. :beer:

Gee

Member +
tell me to fuck off gee but can i ask how much you was paying on the forged TD04?

as im paying bout 800 at 25 with 4 years NCB all mods declaired
bearing in mind i have very few engine mods no bigger turbos etc
just carbon bonnet wheels and suspesion really.

PM'ed ya.

Gee

Member +
So what if:

Car was parked in a garage at night
Cat 1 alarm/tracker
Say driving and full NCB since passing test at 17
and say he was almost 23 years old.

Id say that thats pretty poor to be refused insurance. If thats their policy nowt can be done about I suppose.

Just look elsewhere. :beer:

You will get a quote else where with those details, don't worry.