Turbo Hi/Lo solenoid ?

southwalesgt

Member +
What is the purpose of this setting on the turbo? Only recently joined the starlet club and since my re-build (didnt drive it before engine work) I just drive about on Hi mode. Am I supposed to have it on certain settings depending on temperature of oil/driving characteristics etc...?

Just wondered if im doing long-term damage and not realising the need for the button.

Thanks

monka

Member +
just like a boost controller really, doesnt really matter what setting,

i've taken mine off personly

huwr

Member +
I think the only purpose of the low mode is for slightly better traction in the wet. It is not for fuel economy and your car will be perfectly reliable if you always run it in high.

glanzaj03

Member +
as said above, i think it's purpose was to help with traction in 1st and 2nd. i've removed mine anyway but never used the low boost setting when it was on anyway and it never did mine any damage.

Ooomoo

Member +
as above i`v drove a full tank of petrol on both n drove the same and its no better on high or low lol, as most on here id suggest removing the hi/lo function and bypass it, then you`ll have full power in every gear and it makes a hell of a difference :D

WallaceGlanza

Member +
as above i`v drove a full tank of petrol on both n drove the same and its no better on high or low lol, as most on here id suggest removing the hi/lo function and bypass it, then you`ll have full power in every gear and it makes a hell of a difference :D

Its only the glanza that have the restriction in 1st and 2nd gear. Removing it in a GT won't make a huge difference, excpet maybe running a little more boost.