turbo plumbing?

rox

Member +
Hi i've just brought a fresh import glanza and noticed that the actuactor setup seams to have been changed. the car has a aftermarket actuator fitted and is plumbed like so the car seams to run ok just making sure all is well?

the blue pipe in the pic goes strait to the actuator behing the rad couldnt get it all in one pic

pics:

12122008018.jpg

WallaceGlanza

Member +
It lookslike it has no hi/lo boost solenoid so its just running the boost pressure set by the actuator, do you have a boost gauge, what is it running?

Has the hose coming off the air intake (the one held to power steering hose with a blue tie wrap) pipe got a screw in the end or is it just open?

Also the air feed for the filter box is missing, thats worse than having an open filter there.

rox

Member +
lol so it is! not noticed that was missing i think i have one off my gt knocking about. yea it has a screw in the end of that other pipe. the boost is around 0.7 to 0.8 bar and holds ok has a bit of creep at the moment

just looks like a simple hi/low bypass.........your solenoid is missing:)
which has resulting in you runing around 10psi constantly (high boost), with a little rise sometimes depending on conditions:)