turbo timer problem

glanzaV195

Member +
when i switch my car off some times the revs drop and the engine stools, but the turbo timer still counts down, any ideas whats causing this anyone? dodgy wiring in of the turbo timer where it splices in to the loom? its a blitz timer,

glanzanut

Lifer
could be or it could be that the turbo timer is just broken cause it sounds like it isnt completing the circuit to keep the engine running. for the price of one i would prob just fit a new one!

glanzaV195

Member +
thats what i thought to begin with so tryed another blitz one which i had, i just plugged it in and never changed the wiring as the plug on the back was the same and it still done the same thing.... could it be down to a bad earth?

glanzanut

Lifer
wouldnt think so cause if the earth was bad then the turbo timer wouldnt even power up. your best bet then is to trace all the wires and make sure they are going where they should!

switch around two wires...........the "ign" and the "acc" ....that may solve your problem

sometimes turbo timers use the same plug.....but these two wires may be in opposite locations on the plug----hope u understand whaat i'm saying

normally the plug has 3 wires...a 12volt +( Red), a ignition wire and an accessory wire (these vary from green, blue or/and yellow)...........so switch the blue/yellow and green one in the turbo timer plug......and see if that helps

Last edited: