Turbos

Turbloide2

Member +
Hi all im after a turbo for my glanza Im finding it very hard to find a ct9b is it possible to fit a ct9a and if so what differance would it make ?

Thanks

Killamats

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.toyotagtturb
think you mean ct9b not A. difference in power is hardly noticeable though tbh.

TurboDave

Member +
No, the extra fin on the exhaust turbine wheel will impede exhaust gas flow at higher rpm causing a slightly lower top end power than a CT9A will produce with one less exhaust turbine fin. The extra fin on the CT9B will increase low end torque and spool time slightly but sacrifice top end power.

Dave

Last edited:

Damage

Member +
No, the extra fin on the exhaust turbine wheel will impede exhaust gas flow at higher rpm causing a slightly lower top end power than a CT9A will produce with one less exhaust turbine fin. The extra fin on the CT9B will increase low end torque and spool time slightly but sacrifice top end power.

Dave

Thats true but keep in mind the impellors on both sides of the CT9b are slightly wider than the CT9a one mate

WallaceGlanza

Member +
Hi all im after a turbo for my glanza Im finding it very hard to find a ct9b is it possible to fit a ct9a and if so what differance would it make ?

Thanks

To answer your question before this debate gets into full swing, yes the ct9a will fit straight on and you probably won't notice any difference - I didn't.

TurboDave

Member +
Depending on what CT9A it is he might have to grind the pin off the actuator to make it a hole type but that is it.

Dave