Turning GT into Van

Aidan-G

Member +
l.................................................o..........................................l

you may find it funny,but its a handy way of insuring them over here,when your young

a friend of mine just insured his as a starlet van for years!crazy man:)

munday

Member +
Take your rear windows out and use them as a template to cut out some sheet steel to weld in.

I don't know the legalities of it I'm afraid, just know somone on Metropower has done this (not for cheaper insurance but because it looks sweeeeeet) ;)

gv1.3

Admin
commercial vehicles get different tax and insurance rates in ireland... There are other laws outside of the uk lads.. That said however i would make sure you find out from the revenue what needs to be done and make sure everything is 200% above board.

gv1.3

Admin
people do this with jeeps and other hatches all the time. Remove rear seats and floor out the back and the vehicle is a commercial and can legally get cheaper tax. I think unless you are from ireland or know irish law you should probably not be commenting on this guys question. As said already check with the revenue mate.

You have to remove the back windows and put plates in also have to put a floor in. A mate was going to do it with a Mazda GTR.

gv1.3

Admin
bear in mind if you are running a vehicle as a commercial it must go for a DOE instead of an NCT... the DOE must be done every year!

My mother gets her jeeps in commercial guise as she is a director of my fathers company and she can get them VAT free, the diesel can be claimed as an expense and the annual tax is a lot cheaper. The down side is it cant have back seats though.

I also know of people bringing in 7 seater jeeps from japan and removing the back seats flooring them out and turning them into commercials for tax purposes. Well worth doing if you dont plan on carrying anyone in the back.

Again I would double check all the legalities before doing this. There might be something on revenue.ie about it or oasis.gov.ie

Johnny_C

Lifer
i know of a lad who colour coded the rear glass,done away with the rear bench,and doe'd it.
if it has doe,how can it not be legal.
easy done.