Twin Scroll Manifold.

Ep91 Tortoise

Fresh Recruit
First off, im new to the scene in the processes of building my starlet up. Ive been talking to my engine builder about manifolds. He has asked me to sign up to a forum and find out which is best. The car will be used as a fast road/track car. I have been toying with the idea of getting a twin scroll manifold with a vf36 turbo. any kind of input on the build im looking to do would be great. Key question being would there be a significant improvment with the twin scroll manifold and turbo compared to say a vf34 turbo with a tubular mani fold Ext gated.

Thanks in advance.

Shorty

Member +
fire a pm at zisco mate, can find them in the trader section on the main page, hybrid is good on questions like this, and as far as know no one makes a twinscroll mani but zisco do custom work so will prob prce one up for you ;)

sx_turbo

Lifer
no one does twin scroll for the starlets yet, but

i personaly dont think there is enough airflow created from the small amount of cc capacity to make it worthwhile.

i may be totally wrong and would like to be proved otherwise though

no one does twin scroll for the starlets yet, but

i personaly dont think there is enough airflow created from the small amount of cc capacity to make it worthwhile.

i may be totally wrong and would like to be proved otherwise though

x2 and also, in order for the full effect of the twin scroll (split pulse) manifold to be achieved, you really need a turbo with a divided exhaust housing

sx_turbo

Lifer
x2 and also, in order for the full effect of the twin scroll (split pulse) manifold to be achieved, you really need a turbo with a divided exhaust housing

yeah u need 2 wastegates, and 2 cylinders need to be paired up with firing order, like 1+4 2+3, not massivly awkward to do, just expensive

yeah u need 2 wastegates, and 2 cylinders need to be paired up with firing order, like 1+4 2+3, not massivly awkward to do, just expensive

Yeah, it would be really cool but its alot of extra expense for something that I don't think would be of too much advantage on such a small engine but then thats just my opinion and i'm no expert on such matters

Ep91 Tortoise

Fresh Recruit
The bloke i know has made sereval of these manifolds with twin wastegates and twin cylinders. and i would be using a vf36 turbo which is a twin scroll turbo anyway. Just want to know if its worth paying the extra couple of 00's to have it made with Twin screamers. So in most peoples opinions it wont make much of a difference if any compared to a normal externally gated manifold? Thanks

Sparky

Member +
Just do it!!

Would love to see it and then its the only way to see any really gains compared to a normal manifold

Ep91 Tortoise

Fresh Recruit
It will be done and made, just want to know if i will get gains from the manifold and turbo. compared to a normal uprated manifold????