twinturbo 4efte...

jpecc

Fresh Recruit
anyone done trying a twinturbo setup on 4efte itll be my next project... any suggestions?

ive updated my post.. scroll down for pictures and vid's... tnx,, toyotagtturbo

Last edited:

starlet666

Member +
gotta ask as to why??? the motor is so small u will need 2 very small turbos unless u plan on having one feed the other and that is hard and expensive to set up

j4cko

Member +
Depends what sort of route you are planning on taking. Ie the Skyline GTR route, or the far superior Supra route. But i imagine spooling 2 turbos of any size at the same time would be a struggle for a 1.3. Someone i know tried the other way on a R5 GTT, having one feed the other, in the end he gave up and put a T3 back on it. I would think the only way that could work would be the sequential setup us used on the Supra, but this is highly complex and almost impossible to copy.

Last edited:

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
was done in malta but never heard anything more.. then i think car was sold as standard. so i guess it was a FAIL in the end

Ted

Member +
this is pointless, its a 1.3 engine, sure vw did it with a 1.4 but the amount of work involved for no more power, just a bit less lag is over the top methinks.

if you want to go down the big turbo with no lag route its variable vane turbo time. bout time someone tried it.

MeisterR

Lifer
Twin Turbo is not worth it as you have 2 issue.
1. The motor displacement is too small, with 2 cylinder pushing a turbo mean you are only using about 650cc for each turbo.

2. The "pulse width" of 2 cylinder isn't ideal... you really need a minimum of 3 cylinder to drive a turbo.

steveatyork

Member +
vnt turbos have been done a fair few times on 5gt turbos (its like a tdo4 that spins up like a ct9) the only probs some people have had is controlling boost,this may have been solved now though???

jpecc

Fresh Recruit
ive got my twinturbo 4efte up and runnin it a ct9a and ct9b boostin around
.6bar.. can i post some pics...

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
ive got my twinturbo 4efte up and runnin it a ct9a and ct9b boostin around
.6bar.. can i post some pics...

yes post them up buddy!! this should be very interesting to see!!

kon

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
Pointless exercise
But post some pics and spec

at least he tried it.. i wouldnt go into all the hassle as i dont think its worth it at all.. would look nice for car shows.. but powerwise i dunno.. lets see some pics and maybe he can give more details before we start slating ;)

Spoonz

Member +
i looked into this, i weas gonna have one turbo feeds the other but it came down to be very expensive and i think the boost would be very hard to controll so gave it a miss and buil a 300bhp one instead easier and more fun :rockon:

weakboy2

Member +
vnt's seem to suck top end tho IMO. i like the punch of a big turbo :)

i think twin sequential turbos could work nicely but it would be a lot of work as said!

lingl9z

Member +
In theory anythings possible if you have the money! I've seen a low cc car with 2 turbo's one very small one that spools quickly and when peak boost is reached it opens a valve which inturn spools the next bigger turbo!

GaryGT

Member +
i looked into this, i weas gonna have one turbo feeds the other but it came down to be very expensive and i think the boost would be very hard to controll so gave it a miss and buil a 300bhp one instead easier and more fun :rockon:

Thats Called compound Turbo charging and ive never seen this on a street car!!
requires Custom built TURBOS that will withstand High Boost threshold.
i would love to do it on a big diesel Lump of an engine wud be savage.
as for Compound charging a 4EFTE :haha::haha::haha::haha:
but hey im interested in this so called project that only took a few days ;);)
:haha::haha:

GaryGT

Member +
at least he tried it.. i wouldnt go into all the hassle as i dont think its worth it at all.. would look nice for car shows.. but powerwise i dunno.. lets see some pics and maybe he can give more details before we start slating ;)[/QUOTE]

haha so u love the chance to jump in and slate :haha: