UK Mot emssions test

pockrockgtti

Member +
To which spec test will the emissions of a Glanza be tested for? Am i right in saying it will be tested to uk pre cat spec? so it will not be required to have its cat installed to pass m.o.t?

cheers

jabran200

Member +
yes it will be tested only on idle as there is no u.k equivalent.

Just for a future ref a quick search would have brought up tons of posts.

Jabran.

Nope - If I am correct, the glanza aka EP91 is not on the system for the Emissions test, but the rules state:

Current law states that any car first used before 01 Aug '95 where the enine code cannot be identified onlu needs to pass the basic idle emissions test. the test iscarried out with the temprature with a limit of 3.5% co2.

However any car first used after 01 Aug '95 where the engine code cannot be identified only needs to pass the basic CAT emissions test.

Limits: Idle test with the Co2 limits are 0.5% i believe..

Jay

Admin
Before anyone starts typing in caps, pleading for rep or reminding admin where on the globe they are I'll add this in for the UK folks:

mot-cat.gif

It basically means that for pre-1994 vehicles the MOT tester should only carry out a standing idle test for emissions which most lightly modded 4EFTE's will pass with flying colours.

Younger vehicles are subject to the fast idle test. Cross your fingers.

Hope that helps,

Jay

And i also printed out that form and took it to the MOT Station.. he didnt like ringing up VOSA and admiting he was wrong!! muwahahah, and my cars not a EP81.. :(

Ps. Mine was pretty spot on to :p