Unable to connect to TGTT.com!

Texx

Super Moderator
The request times out when I attempt to connect and the same happens when I send a ping request to the IP of the server. Dylan has checked for me and the server log is showing no HTTP request when I attempt to connect to www.toyotagtturbo.com.

ping.jpg

tracert.jpg

Currently I'm using a web proxy at www.hidemyass.com to get a connection, but it's far from ideal and really starting to piss me off. I've sent Virgin Media a mail asking them to investigate this and advise, but so far they are being about as useful as an inflatable dart board. :mad:

It's been like it almost a week now and I don't appear to have any connection issues with any other web address.

Anyone have any suggestions as to why this has happened?

gv1.3

Admin
Hi Terry as you mentioned I did carry out the trace on your connection and saw no http get requests coming from your IP.

In this instance I would start eliminating possible causes. The first thing you want to look at is the hardware you are using. Follow the steps below to narrow your cause:

-Try another PC/Laptop on your internet connection. Does another machines work?

-Are you using a netgear wifi router? if yes let us know as there are some possible issues I have come across with netgear routers

-If you are using a wifi router can you connect directly to your internet connection with a cable and try the connection? if it works then the problem is with your router

-Can you try your laptop on another internet connection? This will tell you if the issue is with your laptop/desktop or your internet connection.

Texx

Super Moderator
My PC is hard wired directly to a cable modem. I've tried another PC connected in the same way and the fault is still there.

I believe the issue is with Virgin Media somewhere, but so far all Virgin have managed to do is send me some generic copy and paste mail with a round about way of telling me to reboot my modem and PC. :slap: Needless to say I have replied and am rather proud that I resisted the urge to call them the a bunch of 'C' words and while I was at it, I also address the fact that my 10Mb connection is still capped at 2Mb. :mad:

gv1.3

Admin
let me clear out all the banned IP addresses and see if that makes a difference.

EDIT: try now.

Texx

Super Moderator
Dylan, you wouldn't know of any other sites that are hosted with theplanet.com on the same or similar server that I can try and connect to?

gv1.3

Admin
if it aint your computer, network hardware, the TGTT server etc it can only be your ISP mate.

The fact that the http get request is not getting to our server is a clear sign your ISP is not doing what it should

Id call them up and tell them you will move provider if they dont sort it out.

Gryzor

Admin
looking at the trace log its getting as far as virginmedia.net and timing out so its down to virgin might be worth renew your adaptors with
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

Texx

Super Moderator
looking at the trace log its getting as far as virginmedia.net and timing out so its down to virgin might be worth renew your adaptors with
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

That's one of the first things I tried before rebooting the modem. It all died the other night when I was in the chatroom. I thought the server had just crashed and not come back up for some reason until I checked with Dylan and found there wasn't any issues.

Texx

Super Moderator
Well after a week of waiting for Virgin's second line support to get back to me, this is their response:

KANA EMAIL REF: 13167403
Thanks for getting in touch about an issue with your Virgin Media service.
Please accept my sincere apologies for the current issue you are experiencing.
I have carried out a few checks on your connection, and all is fine. I cannot find anything on the network that can possibly be causing the problem you aare experiencing.Just to let you know as well that we do not block any ports on our server.
You will need to contact the server administrators and get them to carry out more investigations as to why you are unable to connect to their server.
If there's anything else we can help with, please let us know.
Kind regards,
Peter Asemota
Econtact Support Team
Virgin Media

Is there anything more you can do at your end Dylan?

durmz

Member +
dont know if has anything to do with this, but from about 3pm yesterday to 1 am this morning i couldnt get onto the site either. everything else worked except tgtt

Texx

Super Moderator
Texx, can you post a ipconfig /all ? minus your external ip.

Here you go:

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : a64x2
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : Yes
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : Yes

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 4:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : NVIDIA nForce 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-16-17-D3-67-22
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 92.236.82.***
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.252.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 92.236.80.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 62.30.64.113
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 194.168.4.100 / 194.168.8.100
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : 21 August 2009 14:02:54
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : 28 August 2009 14:02:54

Texx

Super Moderator
I'm not sure if hop 8 is a Virgin or Planet server?

ping1.jpg

Can someone on Virgin ping the TGTT server and see what matches please?

Gryzor

Admin
Is the connection configured automatically ..
connection.jpg

and the DNS set as ..
Step 1: Configure TCP/IP

1. Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
2. Double-click Network and Dial-up Connections.
3. Right-click Local Area Connection, and then click Properties.
4. Click Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), and then click Properties.
5. Assign this server a static IP address, subnet mask, and gateway address.
6. Click Advanced, and then click the DNS tab.
7. Click Append primary and connection specific DNS suffixes.
8. Click to select the Append parent suffixes of the primary DNS suffix check box.
9. Click to select the Register this connection's addresses in DNS check box.

10. Click OK to close Advanced TCP/IP Settings properties.
11. Click OK to accept the changes to your TCP/IP configuration.
12. Click OK to close Local Area Connections properties.

_________

Also are there any filters set on your router firewall ?

Texx

Super Moderator
TCP/IP setting are set to auto, I've tried connecting without a firewall and it's not a DNS issue as I can't ping the TGTT servers IP and I've also tried using Sky's DNS servers and the problem is still the same.

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
terry im just wondering, why are you connecting though a proxy?

cant u connect direct?