urgent help needed with unmovable bolt

4efteboost

Member +
hi everyone, just need some advice on taking the 19mm bolt out that hold the altenator and powersteering pulleys on, i have near enough tried everything! i have used a portable impact gun, breaker bar, long torque wrench and still does not want to budge at all! need this of asap so if anyone has any ideas please let me know

thanks

4efteboost

Member +
I will try with the impact gun again 2mz but i tried it a goodfew times today and that thing is not moving at all! Will i need to get an air gun with a compressir rather then a rechargeable one?

dac69er

Super Moderator
i have managed it with a makita battery one. but a mains or air powered one will breeze through it

Skalabala

Member +
If the car can drive just go to a workshop and have them loosen it.
I once had a nice problem with a gearbox plug that did not want to get loose.
This was with another car though.
I drained the gearbox put the plug back and wanted to loosen the filler plug!
I broke a Gedore power bar on it!! Ended up driving to a workshop without oil in the box, at least they did get it loose :)

weeJohn

Lifer
Put the breaker bar on the bolt with the bar facing towards the front of the car, the end needs to be at least 3 inches of the ground. Take the king lead off the coilpack or remove the am2 fuse, or both. Using your foot to keep the socket on the bolt, get someone to start the car with the ignition, this will make the breaker bar spin round, hit the ground and turn the bolt the direction it needs to loosen while the engine continues going round.

Gtstu

Member +
lee ill bring my impact gun on tuesday its never failed me yet if not a breaker bar and a scafhold bar will do it. did you manage to get the cam cap bolts?

4efteboost

Member +
Mate i go gym plenty lol this thing dont wanna move one bit! Had about 6 different people have a go on it now and still no movement lol and stu yeah i managed to get them from that geezer you told me to try in scotland :) got them next day delivery so was pretty quick aswell!