User Database hacked (Maybe)

Craig

Lifer
I think the forum may have been hacked to get user's email addresses. I got the below message

Hi.
Long time not contact you. I am so missing you!
Hope everything is going on well.
One more wonderful thing want to share with you, I found one good website which sells all kinds of products.(Nike、Gucci、Puma、Bape、 A & F、D & G、Adidas、Chanel、Fendi、shoe、wrap、POLO、clothes、the the sun mirror、microphone、Watches ......).
I already bought a lot of goods from him and now became my best friend now. U also can click in his website<https://www.allclothings.com> If you can introduce customers to him.
Which same as me now.
Please try it.

This was apparently from Chris Carson (CCM). I'm not sure whether you've been hacked Chris? Based on the other email addresses on the list, they all look like TGTT emails (Dave Burwash etc...) To my knowledge, I've never emailed Chris, hence why I think it could be TGTT that has had the emails stolen.

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
I've had emails like that from chris, I also get the odd msn message with links from him too. I didn't really think anything of it though, more a minor annoyance than anything else.

Craig

Lifer
Looks like it's a problem at Chris' end then. The only reason I thought otherwise is because I don't think I've ever emailed Chris!

Jay

Admin
You'll never get all those stolen trainers, perfume and handbags sold now Chris.. lol :haha:

gv1.3

Admin
Also just to add to this, many people add their MSN details to their profile making them publicly viewable. It would be very simple for a bot to sweep the site and gather all of these addresses.

In this instance it appears to be a user that has had their machine compromised but be aware that anything you make public, is public.

Craig

Lifer
Also just to add to this, many people add their MSN details to their profile making them publicly viewable. It would be very simple for a bot to sweep the site and gather all of these addresses.

In this instance it appears to be a user that has had their machine compromised but be aware that anything you make public, is public.

First thing I did was check my profile as I was sure I hadn't made my email public (which I hadn't). Furthermore, the email on my profile is an old one and not the one it was sent to. Either way, it appears to be something from Chris' end.

gv1.3

Admin
First thing I did was check my profile as I was sure I hadn't made my email public (which I hadn't). Furthermore, the email on my profile is an old one and not the one it was sent to. Either way, it appears to be something from Chris' end.

It was a general reminder to everyone - sometimes people think info they put online is safe, it never is.