<<<very rare diesel starlet!!!!>>>

bilko16

Fresh Recruit
hi,

i have a diesel starlet!! i had never seen 1 of them before and then i seen it in a magazine and bought it!! it is based on the ep82 shell but it is called an np80??? i am wondering have any of you seen one of these before????

Last edited by a moderator:

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
lol... come ot malta.. its one of the most common cars on the island lol :homer:

bilko16

Fresh Recruit
serious? their popular in malta?? tell u 1 thing its a nippy little car!! anyone know where i could get a clutch 4 it?

dac69er

Super Moderator
serious? their popular in malta?? tell u 1 thing its a nippy little car!! anyone know where i could get a clutch 4 it?

clutch shop ;)

na, im sure any motor factors should do you one. is it the same engine as the corollas? 1.5 diesel? is it turbo?

bilko16

Fresh Recruit
dunno if it is or not? yea i.5 diesel!! no turbo!! standard!! i jus cant seem to find a clutch!!!

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
no its not a turbo... but it can take everything off the 1N-t to make it a turbo.. basically its a 15 NA diesel engine ie a 1N ... u need nothing much to turn it into a 1N-T ;)

& yeah its a very very very very very common car here :)

dac69er

Super Moderator
dunno if it is or not? yea i.5 diesel!! no turbo!! standard!! i jus cant seem to find a clutch!!!

excedy list one, and im sure adl blueprint would do one too. go to a motorfactors and see if they list one for the 1n engine.

Jay

Admin
I had one a few years back - Ultra reliable and hilariously slow from what I remember. A whopping 55ps @5,200rpm..

I had mine kitted out with as much GT stuff as I could lay my hands on. :)

colin

Fresh Recruit
my brother has one and he fitted a 1nt from a corolla 2 1993 cos it was very slow it goes good enough now he put a clutch in it just a while back and one from a petrol corolla 1.3 4efe fitted no prob and our friend fitted a 1nt to a diesel 97 and he put on glanza bumpers lights and spoilers and rear disces.

i own a 1n starlet diesel der 52bhp... hav starlet gt bonnet, mirrors interior and mk2 rear lights. and it got a full bare shell respray b4 i gt my hands on it .. would love to get my hands on a turbo engine:)!
photo.php

accent_97

Member +
they are good engines fast a realiable if kept 10psi , i did have one on a hyundai runing standard exedy clutch fitted on a hyundai petrol 1.5 gt box was fast as hell 1.3 bar boost but it failed after that amount of boost , problem also that the rear end was running the car on coal too dusty now 4efte for the day long

images

haightc

Fresh Recruit
These are great engines, just impossible to find parts... right now I may have to give up finding replacement cam caps and just have them made.

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
These are great engines, just impossible to find parts... right now I may have to give up finding replacement cam caps and just have them made.

your kidding? malta is full of them, especially the engines.. you can find them on novas, accents, skodas...you name it and it has a 1n engine. i know a guy who used a 1n engine just to hook it with a boat trailer and put it in the see and back with a remote like a small robot lol... first one failed as it went down in the see with the boat haha.. and many guys who have water bousers over here use a 1n engine as a water pump. dont buy a 1nt.. just buy the ancillaries form a 1n2 and put them on the 1n it will be perfectly fine... reliable and fast!

if you really have a big problem for parts just PM me and maybe i can help you sending you stuff.

kellygt

Member +
My mother had one but she crashed it into a bridge on ice and wrote it off she really loved it it was a great car