vf43 turbo on 4e??

sx_turbo

Lifer
wha would a IHI VF43 turbo be like on a 4e?

will it be to laggy?
what sort of boost can be run on these turbos?

was also thinking of the vf35 and vf35 turbo's.

i think my current td04 is on it's way out, and am looking into a direct bolt on upgrade replacement.

i run a vf35 dude some people think that the higher the number in that series the bigger the turbo mate and its not correct

but a vf43 on a 4e your prob looking at getting full boost at 5.5-6k

if your running a td04 i think your better getting a vf22 matey it can take up to 2 bar of boost

sx_turbo

Lifer
yeah i been doing loads of research via google, and dont really get anything concrete.

the vf22 is bigger than the 34 and 35, and i think it's slower spooling than the 43 also

Ted

Member +
35 is good, built to take boost unlike some ihi turbos, ive had one apart and the bearings and thrust washers are beefy

sx_turbo

Lifer
dont suppose you know what sort of boost i could run on the 35?

do you have it fitted to a 4e? what sort of revs do you get boost if you do?

scoobie people seem to love the vf34/35 and 43

Ted

Member +
up to 1.6 no problem. full boost by 4700 on my 4e. almost as much power as a td05-16 but spools 300rpm sooner

ive run 1.8 east but i run 1.5 daily matey and get full by 4500 most ihi turbos are roller bearing turbos so are quicker spooling then the td series any way i dont think the vf22 is bigger im sure its the same size but the vf35 has the p15 exhaust housing so is good spooling matey, ive ran a vf34, but run a vf35 but i do want to sell it to get a gt30 impreza turbo i didnt run a ex gate i modified the actuator and fitted a charade ihi one lol

Ted

Member +
the vf35 is like chalk and cheese to a td04, i have mine revving to 8k to make it worth my while but i still love the driveablity of a td04. my car is no faster quarter mile with all the extra horsepower of the 35, trying to do something about that at the minute. dont leave the td04 expecting everything to be rosy, its still the best all-round turbo for a 4e

sx_turbo

Lifer
the vf35 is like chalk and cheese to a td04, i have mine revving to 8k to make it worth my while but i still love the driveablity of a td04. my car is no faster quarter mile with all the extra horsepower of the 35, trying to do something about that at the minute. dont leave the td04 expecting everything to be rosy, its still the best all-round turbo for a 4e

thats the reason for me doing as much research as possible :)

GP82

Member +
TD04L is all round best turbo for the 4E as said for a quick street setup, i think what you want is a VF24 - 28 or 29 without compromising response\spoolup and lag too much.

They will all net you a solid 300hp together with a good useable powerband. Spool up is good, not far from TD04L territory and transient spool up even better as they are roller bearing with the ability to make power then a TD04L at a less, more efficient boost pressure.

why would he want a vf24- 28 or 29 there no size differents as i said earlier people seem to think the bigger the size the bigger the turbo the vf22 is bigger then all them and spool up time is alot quicker then them and holds more boost, if you want good power and a nice spool up time get a ball bearing vf22,vf34, as nick jones has mapped a 4e with a vf34 making 348bhp and getting full boost by 4000k thats good for a 4e

sx_turbo

Lifer
why would he want a vf24- 28 or 29 there no size differents as i said earlier people seem to think the bigger the size the bigger the turbo the vf22 is bigger then all them and spool up time is alot quicker then them and holds more boost, if you want good power and a nice spool up time get a ball bearing vf22,vf34, as nick jones has mapped a 4e with a vf34 making 348bhp and getting full boost by 4000k thats good for a 4e

full boost by 4000rpm???????

348bhp??

you sure?

who's car?

sorry for all the q's lol

i know mcleods vf34 made 309bhp

scot-ish

Member +
i dont quite believe full boost by 4k and 350bhp. if thats right enough, i think everyone would run that turbo setup instead of tdo5

see what turbo glanzanut fitted, i cant mind, but the power delivery on it is very good. and hes only running a bar i believe. seems like a better turbo than the TD04.

also on the BB turbo's. i dont think they spool faster, i believe they just drop less momentum between gear changes, so get back on the boost quicker? although now ive wrote that, it sounds kina like the same thing lol. correct me if im wrong though.

i cant remember im sure i saw it on his wall at his place was running 1.8 bar.... and thats were people go rong all these boys that run td04s they all run them lol no one ever fits a vf turbo and finds there much better no wonder theres so many td04s about all the impreza boys take them off either go for a vf22 or a td05 the vf series are much better then the td series it has a roller bearing cartridge so much better spool time..... i cant remember who it was but didnt dan get 340 insh from his vf22 im sure he tried a vf34 cant remember his result.....

mcleods car what boost was that at 309

i run 1.5 on my vf35 also put 2 bar through it once!!!!

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
You can get a td04 for around 60 quid. not everyone can spend hundreds on a turbo i guess.

scot-ish

Member +
so a vf34, makes 1.8 bar on a 4e by 4k rpm? sounds a bit far fetched. much headwork? is the owner on here?

Last edited: