walbro fuel pump

AntiguaGT

Fresh Recruit
installed a walbro fuel pump yesterday and i been have having problems

when installed and running its making this sucking noise..thats noticable when at a standstill and after a while the revs start to fluctuate and car will shut off...i have the fuel regulator to install would that have made the car go on like this without it?

dac69er

Super Moderator
sounds like fuel starvation. was the filter installed correctly? the one that comes with it is shit and faces the wrong way on the gt!

sx_turbo

Lifer
its not gt fuel pump, you need to modify the fuel pump housing to fit. the pipe that the fuel flows to the engine, needs to be cut and a peice of rubber fuel hos to replace the bit that you cut off.

the rubber fuel hose needs to be slightly longer than needed so the pump is held in by force, other wise it will flap about like a gooden and not work.

dac69er

Super Moderator
i never had that problem with mine. only problem i found was the filter faced the wrong way. used the stock filter and that was it, no need to cut pipes or anything

sx_turbo

Lifer
hmmmmmm maybe i ended up with the wrong pump then? oh i dont know its working thats all that matters lol

dan_ep82

Member +
sx_turbo i had to do exactly the same as mine cut of a piece of the metal pipe!

so must be for a gt but my filter and that fitted perfect and was identical to stock!

dan