Walbro pump fitting.

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
As above. Any one done it? Where does it fit and is it an easy job? Could it be done by someone with limited tools and knowledge or am I best of leaving it to the pro's?

Pics would be great if you've got em. Cheers peeps.
Hutch.

dan_ep82

Member +
done mine last week very easy job. its located under rear seats. basically replace old for new and cut and join 2 wires.

smythy75

Member +
below the back seat, u will need a star head screw driver, pliers, 17mm socket and ratchet and a 8 mm socket on a screwdriver thing and it jus lifts out!! easy!

Dane_Bristol

Member +
I think you may find you will have to use the standard filter on the ned as i had a Walbro one and had to use the standard filter as the walbro one was too long and did not fit into the tank.
Undo the vacum pipes there should be 3 pipes to disconnect undo the black ones first then undo the threaded one. Stops it from sucking out all the fuel in the line.

dan_ep82

Member +
my walbro filter was same length as standard one fitted in tank fine? how long ago did u get ur walbro m8 maybe its changed??

dan

dan_ep82

Member +
when are u looking to fit it mate. i would send u the instructions if u want them and if i can find them lol?

alfradio

Member +
As above. Any one done it? Where does it fit and is it an easy job? Could it
be done by someone with limited tools and knowledge or am I best of leaving
it to the pro's?

Pics would be great if you've got em. Cheers peeps.
Hutch.

Don't know if this will help or not but....

IMG_303630.jpg

froshtyv

Member +
Why? Is that because sparks+fuel=trouble?

TBH I'm glad you said that, I probably wouldn't have thought!

See what i mean about the limited knowledge? :homer:

Spot on,

If your were to short the wires they will spark, which wouldnt be good around a tank of petrol!!!

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
when are u looking to fit it mate. i would send u the instructions if u want them and if i can find them lol?

Just an idea I'm toying with. I've got a new mani/decat/brake kit and clutch to get fitted as well as a SAFC2 and the fuel pump so its gonna have to go to the garage for most (if not all) of that. I'd just like to be able to do more myself. Its ok getting the garage to do it but its $$$ and I@m sure the satisfaction would be better if I'd done it myself.

froshtyv

Member +
Just an idea I'm toying with. I've got a new mani/decat/brake kit and clutch to get fitted as well as a SAFC2 and the fuel pump so its gonna have to go to the garage for most (if not all) of that. I'd just like to be able to do more myself. Its ok getting the garage to do it but its $$$ and I@m sure the satisfaction would be better if I'd done it myself.

All that gear you have there is def handy to do your self,

Im not a mechanic and ive installed everything you have there except the clutch because i dont have the tools to do so!!

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
Im not a mechanic and ive installed everything you have there except the clutch because i dont have the tools to do so!!

You fitted the SAFC2? I wouldn't know where to start! Then once its fitted I wouldn't know how to set it up. Plus I have limited tools. I've got a socket set thats got a couple of screw driver pieces but thats about it.

Plus I'd be too scared of ballsing it up and it costing a fortune to fix! lol