WANTED lower arm bar or anti lift kit

C

CaL

will pay sensible cash for 2nd hand used cusco-any make- lower bar,or i would like an anti lift kit for ep82.cheers.cal

Last edited by a moderator:
C

CaL

can a mod please dit the title of this please ' WANTED lower arm bar or anti lift kit' cheers

C

CaL

im after a lower arm bar now as ive been sugested theyre better than antilift plates,still not sure though,dont like the fact of it scraping up road kill etc and hitting of bumps,but apprently its the most effective mod out of the two?

C

CaL

what do you lot prefer then?Traction or turn in?i havent a fookin clue as im only a young pup:homer:what do you guys think would be best? cheers for this people

sx_turbo

Lifer
you be best starting with he easiest first.

i would strongly recomend the lower arm bar, makes a hell of a difference, and it doesnt sit that low, if u have coilovers u can always make the ride height higher if u so wish.

C

CaL

well,on rhd they have one,but it looks fuck all like yours ricky,looks sqaure,would it still fit?

sx_turbo

Lifer
well,on rhd they have one,but it looks fuck all like yours ricky,looks sqaure,would it still fit?

the pics on rhd are for reference only mate, sometimes there pics of the exact item, sometimes there pics of similr items.

it might be worth looking into the ultra racing version aswell.

Gee

Member +
Before you purchase the plates by themselves without the bushes, work how the two work together first...

riko666

Member +
Cal, listen for once, why not put money to something more useful for now? Like servicing, maintenance etc...Why use a modification if you don't know for yourself what difference it'll make? Can't you wait just a few more months till you get to drive the car, get a feel for what it is like and deduce if you need a Lower Arm Brace rather than just getting one to add to your kudos list to impress people?

Think with your head for once, not with the crowd or your desire to fit in or whatver ^^^^^^ that is

dac69er

Super Moderator
i do agree that it would be alot better if you saved your money for the insurance and servicing for when you get a liscence and want to insure the car.
at the end of they day, it wont be cheap so you may as well plan ahead now while you can.

whats the point of having the car with all those mods on it if you cant insure or run it? plus it wont be very reliable if you dont service it properly. it will be plenty fast enough for you.

have you actually sorted the brakes at all?

sx_turbo

Lifer
cal i agree with riko on this one. pass your test, then start changing things, there is no greater feeling than, adding something and feeling the difference that particular part you have bought has worked.

its also nice to feel exactly what the part you've put on is doing. thing is you will only get this feeling after you have been driving the car for a couple of months on your own. that way u'll be used to the car and when u change bits of it u'll notice it more, and be more impressed by it, as each part will feel completely different.

dac69er

Super Moderator
^^^ this is the reason i made my car standardish before i started modifying it. wated to see what the standard car was like then make changes from then, nice and satisfying. plus if you do a bit at a time its better insurance wise as they dont sting you loads for a load of mods all at once!

riko666

Member +
it's why it took me 6 months to start modifying mine...and all my trackdays/road rallies/autotests....were done when the car was standard. So I think I may have an idea of what the car is like as standard...so bring on the next trackdays :p

turbo-dan

Member +
true you are just turning a fast car even faster an its a tottal different ball game when you can drive on your own you will push the car a lot more and with a car like these, it will just plain an simple kill you or some1 around you with zero driving experiance dont mean to sound all doom and glume but a close friend of mine did this with a asta gte many years ago when we was your age after passing his test 5 weeks later he wrapped it around a tree doing 130+ an it was just down to lack of experiance as it was a stupid amator move he did

dac69er

Super Moderator
true you are just turning a fast car even faster an its a tottal different ball game when you can drive on your own you will push the car a lot more and with a car like these, it will just plain an simple kill you or some1 around you with zero driving experiance dont mean to sound all doom and glume but a close friend of mine did this with a asta gte many years ago when we was your age after passing his test 5 weeks later he wrapped it around a tree doing 130+ an it was just down to lack of experiance as it was a stupid amator move he did

no offence, but it can happen to the best of us.
i do think having something with as much performance as a GT is a bad move, let alone a modded one as a first car.
a nice n/a 1.3 starlet will be fun enough without being stupidly fast.