water temp with td04l??

asifatyard21

Member +
my hks gauge is reading 90-100 since i have had my td04 setup, fan cuts in etc... is this normal or high temp?? the standard gauge is half way as it usual was.

Jay

Admin
There's a theory that the TD04 puts a slightly bigger strain on the cooling system. I've seen some evidence to support this but I'd be very interested to hear what other guys have experienced.

froshtyv

Member +
Ive put in a Sard stat with mine,

Ive a dual core allumimum rad aswell<

Just got some Waer wetter this morning have to do a few bits to the car before the remap on tuesday.

I do find in traffic it tends to go off more alright.

Gee

Member +
my hks gauge is reading 90-100 since i have had my td04 setup, fan cuts in etc... is this normal or high temp?? the standard gauge is half way as it usual was.

I've seen higher temps with my setup and I am using a smaller rad. Silicone coolant hoses, carbing cooling place and sard thermo have not really helped that much.

Time for a bigger full ali rad.

asifatyard21

Member +
any one else give me any of there expereince, also its not a dangerous level is it?? and any ways of bringing temps down??

TurboDave

Member +
I am running a radiator water spray which I turn on to spray when its having some stick.

It is very effective at bringing the temp down.

4eftePaseo

Fresh Recruit
so in effect smaller rad with td04l turbo causes mild to medium overheating? i have a brand new stock rad on and i was thinking of switching to the half rad, is it wiser to stay with the full size? provided its relocated?

Gee

Member +
Simply more power reeks havoc on the cooling system for any car. And as the TD04L can up the factory output by 100% it isnt any wonder.

I going for a SARD rad as I will now have clearance with my new TD04 setup.

asifatyard21

Member +
would it help to have the fan on a switch so you could just turn it on when needed?? also are the temps gana coarse any damage??
cheers

froshtyv

Member +
would it help to have the fan on a switch so you could just turn it on when needed?? also are the temps gana coarse any damage??
cheers

Thats what most rally cars do,

When they are linning up at the start they switch the fan on to keep the temps down,
Then just turn it off when driving.

steo800

Member +
ive also noticed that my fan comes on more than the stock setup used to when in traffic and the likes.

im using-
same aluminium rad as frosty
flex-a-lite (fal) fan to suit civic rad
trd thermostat
reverse scoop
interior switch to turn fan on whenever i want

its a pretty good setup as the temps are around 76/77 degrees when cruising.if anything, its a bit to good.may have to put a stock thermostat back in for winter

and ive got the fan switch for when im in bad traffic and if i need it around a track but havnt tested that bit out yet with this setup.

steo800

Member +
yes thats wat i mean, also if temp seem to be rising turn it on for a bit tell they drop?? any one tried this?

yup. it works a treat!!just make sure you get a good fan.personally i think the fal fan is very good.

it may not flow as much air as some other fans, but it seals the sides of the rad so all its air comes through the radiator

steo800

Member +
how have you wired the switch mate??? also does still cut it in automatically??
cheers

yup still cuts in automatically.

took a live from the radio ignition wire
then to on-off toggle switch
then relay
then to earth

then took a live from battery
to relay
to live wire on fan

there is a constant earth to the fan so only need to supply the live

asifatyard21

Member +
would it be ok then to wire up and just switch on when temp rises over 90 or so?? then could leave it on as long as desired to keep temps low, or would ths cause issues with pressure etc...??

weeJohn

Lifer
would it be ok then to wire up and just switch on when temp rises over 90 or so?? then could leave it on as long as desired to keep temps low, or would ths cause issues with pressure etc...??

Should not affect it mate.

Anyone else, have you noticed your fan stop working from 102 degrees?

Mine cuts out for a while then comes on again.

An easier way to run the fan in auto and a switch is to break the wire from the sensor through a normally closed switch. When you open the switch the fan comes on.