well ffs

mattwho

Member +
so me and the misses split up and now im back in scunny at me mams!!
this means i lose my job i had as i cannot get to it so i need a new 1

anyone from this area know of any jobs? im class 2 driver and to be onest i would sweep the streets!!

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Really sorry to hear that buddy,

Ive used the website before for personal issues and found it to be really helpful like im sure it will be in this topic for you.

Iain

mattwho

Member +
i hope so
i know thers a few of us from round hear so i hope they can help i feel like im at an end with no work around and xmass and all that

GTdan

In The Closet
sorry to hear that pal.
regarding job, only thing i can suggest is to go to job centre and see what theve got, or contact your prv employer and see what they can do - so if they will still keep you on, or know someone in your area?

Dave.

Member +
You've had no luck at all lately mate :(

I suppose you can only do one thing really. Fire cv's out everywhere, job centre and so on :(

Best of luck, the only was is up I guess :)

Dave

mattwho

Member +
yes i would say the only way for me is up lol but sayiing that im not dead yet lol

my old emplyer has depots in leeds and manchester
but i dont have a car to get to them!!

im looking on the jobcenter rightnow and to be onest ther fek all in this shitty city!!
my old job you got to work and whent out on your own so you dont get to talk to anyone realy so i dont know anyone well to ask to move in lol

allso the shitty company said i cannot use my 6 days holliday for this week till i sort my self out!! wankers
i told them i wont be in this week lol so ive got till friday to ither find diggs ther or get a job hear

dave-izzle

Member +
and the worst part is your back in scunny! lol. i live near there so i know :p least you got scunny cruise to look forward too. HOpe things work out for you mate. get your cv's out, over half the jobs arn't advertised to it pays to get out there and look and not just read the paper!

aaronw

Member +
kinda know how your feelin,i got made redundant,and to top it off im a bricklayer so im fecked. change of career for me tho.

best of luck.

Sean_GT

Member +
so me and the misses split up and now im back in scunny at me mams!!
this means i lose my job i had as i cannot get to it so i need a new 1

anyone from this area know of any jobs? im class 2 driver and to be onest i would sweep the streets!!

Sorry to hear this man hope you get something sorted out soon.

kinda know how your feelin,i got made redundant,and to top it off im a bricklayer so im fecked. change of career for me tho.

best of luck.

I am really supprised about that, with the amount of people comming into the country and the houses needing to be built to compensate for it i would have thought there would be loads of work?

Vglanza

Member +
Afraid not.:(im a bricky too, i ran out of work two weeks ago and have travelled around the country looking for work, the works there its just the bank arent giving out loans so people can build there houses and now with the whole job uncertainty nearly everywhere, people are now less reluctant too take a chance,definatley not lookin good for us. if we had crystal balls we would all be millionaires.

aaronw

Member +
i can see what ur saying mate,but theres alot of big and small companies stopped building due to the houses not selling at the moment, there even doin deals near here that are '£250,000 for a house and get £50,000 cash back' ,really sucks as i enjoy building.

imavisitor

Fresh Recruit
Sorry to hear your run of bad luck continues Matt,

Agency work possibly? have worked a few xmas holidays myself driving class 1 and 2, good money when available.

In the present climate the answer above regarding going out and looking for work is the best bet, there is work about, just not advertised, so out and about as much as you can. Try all the supermarkets, hospitals (cleaning in hospitals pays a surprisingly good wage if you can stick at it)etc etc

If your old employer has work available at other depots, would it not be the best thing, to just look at getting mobile as cheaply as pos? moped, bike, cheapy car, at least you will have income employment whilst you look around for other work nearer home.

Not in your neck of the woods, so can't suggest anymore but good luck with it all:)

scotty01

Member +
Ring agencies and see if theres any lorry work going and if theres a bus/lift available thats what i would do. Failing that get your ass to the job centre and take anything you can get!

mattwho

Member +
done it all
ive got £1.28 in the bank no car and to be onest its looking more grim then it did at first!!
been to all the agencys been to all the shops and everything you can think of!!

my sister and brother work at the hospital and my mum and dad used to so ther trying to get me in but thers nothing going ther ither!!

if i had mates further out then scunny i might have a chance but most of my mates are bums lol ither living at home or dont work.....

if it comes to it ill have to try homeless shelter near where i used to work