clarkytrd

Member +
Need to see pictures of your oil feed and oil return lines please,

So post up some pics please!

Thank you,
John

clarkytrd

Member +
I cant get an oil return made up anywhere lol... cause its not a 90 degree reducer as the turbo sits slightly off to the sump pipe...

and the oil feed i had needed to be a bit longer as it was interfering with the the turbo.

heres a picture of what i mean:

DSCF2624.jpg

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Definately right option your choosing, get one made up! It could eventually harden and crack and leave you back to square one.

clarkytrd

Member +
I could get a straight reducer for the sump pipe, then run a straight hose to the reducer.

Probably the best thing to do.

Need an oil feed made up too.... here is a picture, not the best picture but hopefully someone that has the kit knows what line is needed.

DSCF2621.jpg

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
08112010044.jpg

i have the ram kit on my 5e but im running a vf35. i got an oil feed with my kit but it didnt fit so i had to mess about with it bending it to shape and then it kept leaking so i bought another. as for the return i bought one with my kit as you can see, it still sits slightly off centre for the fitting on the sump though, then i used the standard oil return hose.

clarkytrd

Member +
cheers for that but the return pipe on the td04 turbo sits slightly more left and its alot higher, so thats why i need to see who is running the td04 kit.

pc18

the turbo location is the same. you should have got wepr to sell you the oil return pipe i got with mine.

clarkytrd

Member +
I only bought the mani and downpipe combo, i bought the rest elsewhere.

Looking at your oil return, it is sitting rather more right to mine, if i could get away with a 90 degree reducer I would but it wont work.

clarkytrd

Member +
To be honest, It could of been made better, I'd to file part of the small p/s pump bracket cause the manifold wouldnt fit otherwise, one of the bolts is a nightmare to tighten due to it rubbing off the runner, turbo sits way to the left compared to old evo model which causes the oil filter to sit to close to turbo inlet when a sandwich plate is fitted. :(

All that ontop of the oil line problems... and Sacha cant have an oil line made up for ten days now so I dont know where to go to get one made up.

tbk

Fresh Recruit
FInd what diameter oil feed you need man and what fittings. I have a few spare -3 fittings and -3 line here so if its that I could give it to you to make one up yourself.

Also Im in thye same predicament with my turbo oil return but on a td04....

clarkytrd

Member +
Mine is a TD04 lol.... Its the oil return that is driving me mad, dont mind the oil feed as much as i can make one up.

Anyone using the exact kit?? Need to see pics and sizes of your oil lines...

tbk

Fresh Recruit
Mine is a TD04 lol.... Its the oil return that is driving me mad, dont mind the oil feed as much as i can make one up.

Anyone using the exact kit?? Need to see pics and sizes of your oil lines...

I'm good at reading me duhhhhh! lol

I'm searching for a solution for mine now aswell, Originally there was a nice s-bend silicone hose but it was perished so i took it off ad threw it away. Wish I had of kept it now for reference.

tbk

Fresh Recruit
Nah mine is an ancient Dale@Braided Lines kit but it seems to be in the same position and angle as yours.

pc18

i think i remember having to grind down one of the nuts i used a little which isnt a big job at all, but the rest of the kit fits flawlessly absolutely spot on. ive got a really nice intake pipe on mine too fits great.

Last edited:

clarkytrd

Member +
i think i remember having to grind down one of the nuts i used a little which isnt a big job at all, but the rest of the kit fits flawlessly absolutely spot on. ive got a really nice intake pipe on mine too fits great.

You've a totally different oil return to mine so thats why im having difficulty trying to get a line to fit as they are both different sizes (22-16mm)

Only thing I can think of is to remove the pipe in the sump and weld in a 16mm pipe to match the 16mm return pipe on the turbo, then run a 16mm length of pipe between them ?!

clarkytrd

Member +
Manifold is similar but the take off for the dump pipe is sitting at a higher angle, different kit anyway as your screamer pipe is alot longer!

Status
Not open for further replies.