What did I pick up on Tuesday?

Pav

Member +
Its been great with the starlet, I havent regretted pouring money and sweat into the Glanz. However I also havent regretted selling up as I now own an Rx7, a dream car of mine. This one's not your usual rex either, there are only 8 of its kind in the world, this is believed to be the only one in the uk, tuned by the infamous Re Amemiya in Japan. Still can't believe its mine! :p

DSCF1895.jpg

DSCF1896.jpg

DSCF1894.jpg

DSCF1892.jpg

DSCF1891.jpg

DSCF1888.jpg

DSCF1890.jpg

DSCF1899.jpg

DSCF1898.jpg

DSCF1889.jpg

:p

Body
•RE Amemiya AC037 front end (including genuine Porsche 911 (993) lights, FRP hood and nose cone)
•RE Amemiya AD step D1 side skirts (FRP)
•RE Amemiya AD Front Fenders (FRP)
•RE Amemiya Rear spats
•RE Amemiya rear light garnish/spoiler
•RE Amemiya style rear Street Diffuser (Mark 1 diffuser)
•AeroMarker aero mirrors (with side repeaters added)
•Carbon door handles
•Re-spray in House of Kolor Kandy Burgundy / Wild Cherry blend (over deep mica violet metallic base) 2:1 blend ratio.
•Car fully "smoothed" to emphasize lines of car and bodykit. Rear wiper, wash, ariel, and side markers removed. Front washers relocated. Front side markers removed. Front side repeaters and indicators removed relocated. Boot lock, number plate holder and badges removed and smoothed.
•Rear quarters and shut lines levelled and smoothed to meet bodykit.
•Fuel filler removed and re-located to boot (aero-cap).

Interior
•RX7 Type X (luxury model) full deep red leather interior (incl head lining). Recently cleaned and refurbished.
•Deep red interior plastics
•Deep red leather trimmed centre console, centre dash and dome
•Deep red mats (imported from USA)
•Factory option "RX7" stamped aluminium sill plates
•GReddy Oil Pressure, Oil Temp & Water Temp Gauges (in dash-mounted pod)
•GRreddy PRofec B Spec II Boost controller
•Blitz monster boost gauge
•Momo Millennium Evo leather steering wheel with snap off momo boss for security
•Momo carbon & aluminium gear knob
•Momo handbrake cover & leather gaiter
•Apexi commander (displays car stats to monitor performance) in R Magic holder
•JVC CD / MP3 player (in-dash)
•Black vinyl trimmed fibreglass rear boot build (easily removed without damage to car)
•Custom fibreglass front door builds (black vinyl trimmed).
•Rear strut brace
•DVD player mounted in centre console
•7" screen mounted in fibre glass enclosure in rear hatch lid. Boot lid re-trimmed in black vinyl with wiper motor and housing removed.

Engine
•13B Rotary Engine (twin turbo) with complete strip down and re-build by Lindop Motorsport in March 2008 (using approved Mazda parts).
•Perished hoses replaced, solenoids checked, vitton check valve upgrade for reliability.
•Exedy clutch (new – March 2008), clutch release valve and clutch cylinders replaced.
•Royal purple oil.
•Apexi Power FC ECU – Mapped by WGT. 318 BHP @ the Fly
•Greddy down pipe.
•Straight through mid-pipe / de-cat.
•Auto Project De-storm exhaust back box.
•2 x HKS "Mushroom" filters (with red elements) & polished hard pipes.
•MazdaSpeed Plug Leads & Coil.
•NGK cold grade spark plugs.
•Polished UIM.
•Polished alternator.
•RE Amemiya SMIC hard pipe (polished).
•Uprated ARC SMIC.
•HKS oil cap.
•MazdaSpeed polished strut brace.
•Alu Air Separation Tank.
•FC Thermoswitch and new thermostat (lower temp for safety).
•Bailey BOV.
•Carbing aluminium radiator cooling plate.
•Various tuner badges.
•Silicone hosing to detail.

Suspension
•Racing Gear coilovers (JDM, very rare)
•Geometry and tracking professionally set-up by Revolution Motorsport

Brakes
•4 pot Type R callipers
•Project Mu SCR front discs (slotted)
•Project Mu uprated front pads

Wheels
•Blitz Techno Speed Z1 3 piece split rim wheels - 18x8" (front) & 18x10" (rear)
•Wheels stripped down and refurbished with centres re-sprayed copper and outer lips hand polished to mirror finish
•5Zigen Pro-racer Wheel Nuts (anodised red) with locking nuts
•Continental 265/35/18 tyres – Rear
•Toyo 225/40/18 tyres - Front

ICE (In-car Entertainment)
•(All ICE designed and fitted by an industry professional.
•JVC head unit with large animated display (can display owners pictures / images etc.)
•Lightning Audio Bolt 12" Subwoofer housed in fibre glass boot build (black vinyl trimmed)
•Lightning Audio Bolt 6" Components housed in rear boot build
•Lightning Audio Bolt 5.25" Components in front (custom black vinyl trimmed door pods)
•JL Audio 2-channel amp
•JL Audio 4-channel amp
•Veba 7" screen (in custom black vinyl trimmed upper boot pod)
•DVD player in dash

Security
•Clifford G5 category 1 alarm / immobiliser with optional remote central locking and proximity alert sensors
•Snap-off steering wheel boss

Trophies / awards / magazines
•Best RX7 FD Trophy – Rotorstock III
•Runner up Best Mazda Trophy – Rising Sun Car Show 2007
•Runner up Meguires show and shine – Rotorstock I've
•Chosen as one of a few selected rotary cars to open Rotorstock I've at Santapod

•4 page feature – J Tuner magazine
•4 page feature – Redline magazine
•Car of show / cruise in various issues of Max Power, Redline, Fastcar

Pic after vin said "Pop the hood" :haha:

Photo-0233.jpg

Last edited:

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
I personally was never a fan of that paticular front end converson. but what ever floats your boat and makes you happy dude. Rest of the car looks well though

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
looks like a porche from the front.. i dont like that. but hey... whats under the hood is more important! :p

"in vins voice"

POP THE HOOD!

Pav

Member +
Awesome dude.

Love these cars. This gonna be just for weekends? Quite expensive to run arnt they?

Enjoy mate :)

This is my daily mate :) They arent too bad as long as you dont mind the fuel consumption! (15-20mpg)

nice car matey any pics of the engine? what bhp is it?

Ah thats something I forgot to get snaps of! Will get some up later :) Its 318@ the fly on 0.8 bar I believe but I need to get that double checked. Not to shabby for a car that weights 1260 kg!

Looks like its got Porche 911 head lights! Very nice looking car dude.

It does indeed, genuine 993 ones! They've been cleverly mounted with the stock porsche brackets.

I personally was never a fan of that paticular front end converson. but what ever floats your boat and makes you happy dude. Rest of the car looks well though

Like I said on uksc, its a love hate thing, I personally love it, such an unusual look (tvr meets porsche) but it looks like it came off a production line at the same time.

Pav

Member +
I love RX7's. Not to keen on this one. Im sure you'll have a blast though!

If i had the money - http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1109864.htm

Actually, the more i look at it the more i like it..

Yeh man, I saw that one while looking around and was tempted to save up for it as the spec is up near the top of the rx world, but I prefer the look of mine, feels less street racer and more, old sports car come sunday drive in the country if you get my drift. :haha:

GTWorld

Member +
Nice one pav, sold the glanza then lol.. didnt fancy the s3 either, think i much prefer the look of this let me know how you get on or if your every in the area

Pav

Member +
Nice one pav, sold the glanza then lol.. didnt fancy the s3 either, think i much prefer the look of this let me know how you get on or if your every in the area

Yeh I cringe when I look back at getting an S3 or TT as nice as they are as I would have missed out on this!

I actually bought the rex before the glanz was sold but one of my good mates in Bristol now owns it, hes very happy indeed :)

Will let you know next time im in london bro!

Kimba

Member +
Yeh man, I saw that one while looking around and was tempted to save up for it as the spec is up near the top of the rx world, but I prefer the look of mine, feels less street racer and more, old sports car come sunday drive in the country if you get my drift. :haha:

Yeah lol, ill give you that! and the like i say, the more i look at it the more i like it :)

GTWorld

Member +
Send me a pm with your number as i lost it because got to much beer on my phone so new phone no numbers lol!!

Car looks well nice though