What do people think of these?? big brakes.

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
why the same thread twice ??? nick sells them and he has given them good reviews didnt hear of anyone who fitted them yet :):)

sanchez

Member +
If you go on uksc, keri@wms is a trader on there and sells these.
Drop him a pm he is very helpful :)

turbostar

Member +
why the same thread twice ??? nick sells them and he has given them good reviews didnt hear of anyone who fitted them yet :):)

sorry didnt realise the 1st one had posted as my computer crashed befor i finished it,

and now i cant delete the thread???

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.

ditto, i know somebody running them locally on an integra, he seems pretty happy with the upgrade, as for difference im afraid i dont know.

kon

Keri-WMS

Member +

There are a few sets out there on cars: photos of two being fitted (one with a review) can be seen with a "bit of searching about"!

Nick is indeed the best place for TGTT guys to go, better than via eBay. :rockon:

Nick@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.TuningD
just drop me a message if you have any questions, but im very impressed with the WMS Kit.

Nick

durmz

Member +
i dont personally think there as cheap as they first appear, u need to add pads, u need to add vat, spacers arent included, brake lines arent included, comes to a chunk in the end just like the willwoods.
if you get them all singing and dancing, they come to 687.92 which is more than the groub buys on willwoods

turboloon

Member +
wheres the group buys on the wilwoods ..?surely nick would be able to sort out a decent price on a group buy on these....(not that i can afford them just now as my car is hopefully getting mapped next month!!!!)

Nick@TD.co.uk

wheres the group buys on the wilwoods ..?surely nick would be able to sort out a decent price on a group buy on these....(not that i can afford them just now as my car is hopefully getting mapped next month!!!!)

If theres enough interest then yes i will gladly do a group buy on these kits.

The kits start at £614.99 delivered for the 275x22mm discs and £629.99 for the 277x25mm, both of which include the discs, pads, lines, brackets and calipers, everything needed (apart from brake fluid but can add that in for a £8.95 for toyota 5.1), these are cheaper than the wilwoods (around £800??) with the same quality and no cutting of ball joints etc to make them fit.

Theres no VAT to be added to the prices above.

Heres the link to where you can buy them:

http://www.tuningdevelopments.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=WMSBrakesEP

Hope this helps.

Regards

Nick @ Tuning Developments

scot-ish

Member +
it works out at £599 from ebay for the same kit, direct from them, so the group buy would have to undercut that.

Nick@TD.co.uk

it works out at £599 from ebay for the same kit, direct from them, so the group buy would have to undercut that.

Correct, were selling them at the RRP, which is what Keri is selling them on UKSC for (in fact were a few quid cheaper) however, he is selling them cheaper directly on ebay by the looks of it so ill chuck in a bottle of toyota 5.1 with every order for TGTT member if you buy the kit, and of course a group buy would work out cheaper than RRP anyway :)

regards

Nick @ Tuning Developments

Keri-WMS

Member +
Actually the prices should be exactly the same everywhere (with Nick as TGTT point of sale), don't forget to add shipping/lines/pads/VAT to everything on eBay.

There are three slight variations as well, with slight changes in price:

54mm bore 277x25
55mm bore 275x22
55mm bore 277x25

Last edited:

scot-ish

Member +
Actually the prices should be exactly the same everywhere (with Nick as TGTT point of sale), don't forget to add shipping/lines/pads/VAT to everything on eBay.

There are three slight variations as well, with slight changes in price:

54mm bore 277x25
55mm bore 275x22
55mm bore 277x25

ebay add

£422.12

Braided lines =£50.77
green stuff pads = 28.71
shipping = £10

total =£511.60

+ VAT

= £601.13

thats for the 277mm kit.?

or have i missed something? are the spacers needed?

Keri-WMS

Member +
That's the 54mm bore version, the cheapest of the three and the rarest fit - not sure how Nick handles the pricing there?

Also Nick includes Yellows, not Greens if I remember correctly?

scot-ish

Member +
ok no probs, mine will be the 55mm centre bore.

just if i keep my starlet, i will be looking into 4 pots

cheers

durmz

Member +
the price i made was for grooved out discs, with lines, spacers for certain wheels and red pads. the old group buy on willwoods was at 650, so im just not understanding the whole cheapness of them that everyones raving about, the 800 quid willwoods are two piece arent they? these arent?

just to add i have owned neither kit and dont really plan to go that far into my starlet, so this is just a look from the outside as such

Keri-WMS

Member +
WMS stuff does tend to be about the same price as Wilwood in most cases, we are in the same market sector (instead of chasing AP Racing, Brembo and Alcon around for instance).

Generally we try to create kits that are as "clever" as we can make them, like fitting as many wheels as possible etc, also allowing staged upgrades so people can switch from kit to kit while retaining the calipers etc.

Re: alloy bells / rotors these are in the works....

Nick will be letting you guys know as soon as new stuff becomes available! :rockon: