What Does The JAM ECU Actually do?

Monty

Member +
Right i am going for one of these i think but i want to know exactly what is what. My mods which i'll have when i'm looking for some management is the following:

Hybrid CT9 at either 1.1bar or 1.2bar
Uprated Manifold
Decat
HKS drager exhaust system
Front mount intercooler
Filter off the turbo
Iridium plugs

Would the jam ecu fuel for 1.2bar? What is its features as i cant find them on the net?

M

Idrees

Banned
I believe they have different features, and each one is mapped for a particular setup.

Not 100% on that though, its just what I've read.

P-ROONEY

Member +
Right i am going for one of these i think but i want to know exactly what is what. My mods which i'll have when i'm looking for some management is the following:

Hybrid CT9 at either 1.1bar or 1.2bar
Uprated Manifold
Decat
HKS drager exhaust system
Front mount intercooler
Filter off the turbo
Iridium plugs

Would the jam ecu fuel for 1.2bar? What is its features as i cant find them on the net?

M

im going for this set up too.but i already have my jam ecu and when i switch over to the jam ecu i notice a diffrence in the power,and all so delimits revs and delimitd top speed

Duff

Member +
I think it provides fueling for up to 1.1bar not 100% though..its also self learning to a certain point so it'll adapt to your mods.

thechomper

Member +
this what Kon (hybrid)said on his.i have one and will be running ct9 with no other fueling mods at 1 bar,and then will be upgrading to hydrid turbo,will then add fpr anf fuel pump ,to my mod list,already have fsi fpr,but not going to bother installing it till i get the hybrid and will be running over 200bhp

well if its any consolation to anybody i ran a Jam ecu setup for a ct9... on a td04L @ 1.7bar with 318cc injectors a 7m fuel pump & a sard rrfpr :) had no problems what so ever & the setup stayed that way for a good 10months :)

kon

Last edited:

Ted

Member +
ok im gonna say this now and i dont think im far off the mark.
i have had a fair bit of experience with jam ecu's

any particular jam ecu is set up for a particular turbo, ie ct9,k24

most seem to be set up for a ct9 set up inckuding breathing mods and the 0.85 bar jam actuator

the ct9 jam ecu is capable of running a td04 up to 1bar on std injectors

ted

ok...let me post this info yet again....i wonder if ted and hybrid get tired saying the same thing over, and over and over again too....

i sure do.....lol

JAM RACING Super Computer (JAM Original ECU)

Characteristics:

1) JAM original computer deactivates the boost to forcibly go into “Low” mode when using “Hi” mode with 1st gear; thus, you are sure to feel the effect on replacing the ECU.

2) All speed/rev/boost limiter controls have been changed and deactivated.

3) If your vehicle already has FCC (boost limiter control), Air Flow Controller, or any kind of limiter controller that interrupts computer circuit must be removed when replacing with JAM original ECU. The use of these limiter controls with JAM original ECU may lead to engine breakdown.

4) When using with reinforced actuator, a sharper responsiveness can be obtained.

5) The JAM original ECU has been mapped so that to be most suitable when ignition timing and fuel are combined with a reinforced actuator. Therefore, the fuel used must be of hi-octane fuel (higher than 96 octane).

6) Higher heat-rating spark plugs must be used to avoid the melting firing-end under increased boost. (JAM recommends NGK spark plug No. 7 or No. 8 heat rating or equivalent ones.)

7) It is also highly recommended to replace the fuel filter as clogged fuel filter will cause a thin fuel mixture and, in worst case, it will lead to the engine to blow up.

8) JAM recommends the fuel filter be changed every 20,000km.

9) JAM recommends not to use more than 1.0 bar boost to avoid breaking connecting rod.

10) The location of intercooler (whether top-mount or front mount) is not of important matter when using JAM original ECU.

But.. At the end of the day.. the JAM ECU will be perfect for that setup.. Im not sure what its fuel limitations are.. im assumeing whatever the injectors are? or fuel pump?

I was under the impression (correct me if im wrong) that the JAM ECU has multiple fuel maps that are FIXED however will detect the most suiable from the 7 ?? or so.. and select that to use! I belive this does this in the first few hundred miles of driving, hence the drops in rpm, and random stuff that happens while its calabrating..

If im right.. give me rep.. :D if im wrong.. ill delete it HAHA!

Adam_Glanza

Member +
i think your about right psycho, the ecu is mapped for a certain setup from the factory, to match that persons mods.

but yes it has the ability to adjust roughly to accomodate.

i still think that getting a e-manage will always be better ever since that guy last year had such a problem

I was under the impression (correct me if im wrong) that the JAM ECU has multiple fuel maps that are FIXED however will detect the most suiable from the 7 ?? or so.. and select that to use! I belive this does this in the first few hundred miles of driving, hence the drops in rpm, and random stuff that happens while its calabrating..

If im right.. give me rep.. :D if im wrong.. ill delete it HAHA!

actually....research seems to indicate the jam ecu does not have multiple maps..but somehow seems to work on some kind of algorithm which seems to adjust to some specified targets within its programming

that's why apparently its so hard to crack toyota ecus....

but i could be worng also:p

Jay

Admin
actually....research seems to indicate the jam ecu does not have multiple maps..but somehow seems to work on some kind of algorithm which seems to adjust to some specified targets within its programming

that's why apparently its so hard to crack toyota ecus....

but i could be worng also:p

Logical theory captain..

Spock_Tholian_Web.jpg

Gorg, have you ever seen the TRD software for attacking the ECU software anywhere?

Ok Ok, so i was abit shabby on the technical workings of the device.. but its still self adjustable :p..

Shame this topic will never be found on the forum as the 2 most important words are 3 letters.. LOL..

Gorg, have you ever seen the TRD software for attacking the ECU software anywhere?

never ever....i assume blitz, jam, mines , sard , etc who upgrade thses oem ecus have some kind of access to the software and/or they have very good programmers and hardware.............cause all they tend to do is "chip" the oem ecu without issues...and somehow i dont think they will share their knowledge or would be allowed to (if they have licenses to use such info)

for as long as i know...people have been trying to crack the toyota codes....none have succeeded to my knowledge

and this chipped can be rewritten by them whenever they want to suit your mods

to me its kind of like having the emanage blue in a single chip....lol....though a few piggy back may offer much more features than the uprated ecus now

Timmy

Member +
I think it works buy haveing a targer for the afr which is probably on the rich side lets say around 11 somewhere. It also than probably advances the ignition until it starts gets to a max knock figure. As it runs from stock sensors it probably leaves a large margin of error hence why they always fuel on the rich side. This is probably why they say it is for the ct9 only, but my assumtion is you could run it with any turbo aslong as you have large enough injectors and you fuel pump can cope. Obviously with a standalone ecu you could have a set map and make a much finer tune.

Jay

Admin
never ever....i assume blitz, jam, mines , sard , etc who upgrade thses oem ecus have some kind of access to the software and/or they have very good programmers and hardware.............cause all they tend to do is "chip" the oem ecu without issues...and somehow i dont think they will share their knowledge or would be allowed to (if they have licenses to use such info)

for as long as i know...people have been trying to crack the toyota codes....none have succeeded to my knowledge

and this chipped can be rewritten by them whenever they want to suit your mods

to me its kind of like having the emanage blue in a single chip....lol....though a few piggy back may offer much more features than the uprated ecus now

A few pics from my 'interesting' folder:

Any theories on what in the hell this kit serves mate?

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
that could verywell be a Re-rightable rom chip and kit for writing it. that would be a very interesting bit of kit for any tuner to have. all your missing is a daughter board and an interface for the chip

ecksjay

Member +
thats exactly what it is yes, and its how all the other ecu's (JAM etc) function, using a daughterboard system.