What is needed to run a td04?

advice is in much need

So I have went and bought a td04 with an adapter plate so it will bolt straight to my standard ct9 manifold, also have a downpipe which will bolt straight on,

The car has a fmic and a budget looking fuel pressure regulator

so in theory I can bolt it on and away I go....so someone bust my bubble..do I need to get fuel set up right by a local tuner or any other stuff that needs changed,

Dean

AdamB

Member +
A FCD and setup by a tuner to make sure the AFR's are good. You will need braided oil/water lines also unless you got some already.

It has braided oil lines, the turbo wasnt using waterlines, I was told to loop my water lines together, I have a fuel cut defender but I dont think it works as there is a red Nd green light on it but they dont light up, its a turbosmart product...oh so the exhaust mani needs portes..so then I may as wel have just went and bought a td04 manifold :-(

Jay

Admin
You should be able to run it below fuel cut without too much hassle, it just needs the AFR's checked to make sure they are safe before you go boosting into the sunset. I threw a similar setup onto my boosted 4EFE over the summer and it was grand but it really pays to get the fuelling checked properly with a wideband. If you aren't sure of anything call in and I'll try to talk you through it.

Jay

Jay

Admin
Yep, so long as the AFR's are good and there's no detonation it should last. I'm in Portavogie but both ECC and Momentum should see you right.

Sweet :) ...looks like I need 150quid to leave it into ecc to get it a health check..thats what they quoted me before..this includes a rolling road

cheers lads for the advice