what map sensors are you guys using?

Aidan-G

Member +
i'll be running well over 1bar on my td04 so im looking into a different map sensor..what kind are most of you guys using..did you take them off another car or buy them somewhere..or are you even using a different one??..i think i rember from the old site that there hard to get or expensive cant really remember so any help would be great:)...

Timmy

Member +
No one really bothers as far as i am aware. The stock ecu is only mapped up to 15psi anyway.
Than those with good after market ecu's like motech will have a motech map sensor and the a similar story for those the emanage and hks f-con's.
I think the pfc's are mapped on based on the r/r session and assumptions as i never heard of a map sensor for them.

Jeffers_21

Member +
i did hear someone one the old site saying they used a supra one. but then again i could be getting confused, it happens alot lol

i would say if your useing something like the emanage get the 3bar sensor for that, give's it better managment over the fuel and that aswell. but as for standard i dunno

Jeffers_21

Member +
um well yeh it would be a good idea. i belive that map sensors use diffrent voltage's for the signal so you would need to get one that read's a wider band but has the same voltage as the standard one.

someone on this site must know more about it. i would like to know more about this as well. on the emanage you can see when the map sensor get's to its limit as the line on the graphs goes' flat lol.

goldenvtr

Member +
you can use one of the mr2 map sensors (1.2bar). but if you get an emanage it uses its own senor and that runs up to 3bar lol

Jeffers_21

Member +
i wonder if you could adapt the emange sensor for the apexi PFC?

i need to get around to installing the emanage sensor, just one of those other things on the list.

Aga

Member +
ok hold up people. first of all, you cant change the map sensor on the factory ecu. for the guys with powerfc's you can use the celica gt four and mr2 turbo LATEST spec map sensor, the one with purple label. or the special apexi 3 bar map sensor (which is the one we use,cause its cheaper and better than the toyota)

Last edited:

Aidan-G

Member +
ok hold up people. first of all, you cant change the map sensor on the factory ecu. for the guys with powerfc's you can use the celica gt four and mr2 turbo LATEST spec map sensor, the one with purple label. or the special apexi 3 bar map sensor (which is the one we use,cause its cheaper and better than the toyota)

how much for roughly for the apexi map sensor?any links aga?

toyota_BG

Fresh Recruit
Hello to all.
I have toyota

ToyotaCelicaCarlosSainz.jpg

I have order'd apexi power fc and Boost controler KIT ( it comes with MAP sensor) SO do i have to buy another one for the Apexi itself or the Apexi will use this one that comes with the Boost controler KIT??

PS Car is in stage III Tuning So now i ges it will be ~500 HP. with big turbo so i need Sensor that is 3.0 BAR.

for the guys with powerfc's you can use the celica gt four and mr2 turbo LATEST spec map sensor, the one with purple label. or the special apexi 3 bar map sensor (which is the one we use,cause its cheaper and better than the toyota)

SO i gues this one's will work for me too ??? and can i use this one with Apexi power fc
3BarMapSensor.jpg

from this discussion

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/showthread.php?t=5433&page=2

the pressure sensors only there to messure boost for the avcr alone..does any one know where id get an apexi map sensor?
I gues this is answear of my first cuestion The apexi power fc + boost controller KIT will NEED 2 Map sensors.One that comes with the KIT and another one.

Any other variants ? of sensors that i can use ??? 3.0Bar eith apexi power fc.

Gee

Member +
I use the Apexi 3 bar map sensor. But if you are only running 1bar you dont need one.

toyota_BG

Fresh Recruit
Hire are the ehact numbers

The model is ST185 BUT i will use the CPU for ST205 becose both have the engine 3S-GTE.DIfrents are that ST185 is II-generation and the ST205 is III-generation of it.

I whill use ApexI Power FC Toyota Celica ST205 3S-GTE SW20 [4E14T02Z]

And Boost Control Kit: 415-A002.

As i allready whrote i have BIG Turbo garrett. It whil be at 2.5- 2.7 BAR. So i need 3.0BAR sensor.

SO i can use thise variants

1.cosworth 3 bar map sensors APS05/01
2.The apexi 3bar sensors
3.The celica gt four (4 generation of the model i guess)
4.mr2 turbo LATEST spec map sensor (latest model ??)

Is that corect ?

Last edited:

Aidan-G

Member +
i reckon you should go with the apexi 3bar map sensor..i think gee tried a cosworth sensor but didnt work and as aga said about the toyota sensors the apexi is cheaper and better