What Oil Filter ....

Iain@CRD

Lifer
What oil filter does the Autobahn Oil Cooler use, i can see its a Honda but i need to know model etc or what everyone else uses.

Iain

Texx

Super Moderator
15400-PH1-F03 (also has various different superseded part numbers) is the run of the mill Honda petrol engine oil filter, fit's 99% of Honda petrol engines and is almost identical to the Toyota filter for the 4E. My memory is a little fuzzy now but IIRC you can also fit the 15400-PH1-F03 filter to the F20 engine in the S2000, however the correct filter for the S2000 (15400-PCX-004) is slightly larger in diameter but I can't actually remember if the seal diameter is different or not though.

So an equivalent filter to the S2000 15400-PCX-004 might possibly be of some use?

(not sure if the above makes any sense? when I read it back it confused the fuck out of me...)

Iain@CRD

Lifer
15400-PH1-F03 (also has various different superseded part numbers) is the run of the mill Honda petrol engine oil filter, fit's 99% of Honda petrol engines and is almost identical to the Toyota filter for the 4E. My memory is a little fuzzy now but IIRC you can also fit the 15400-PH1-F03 filter to the F20 engine in the S2000, however the correct filter for the S2000 (15400-PCX-004) is slightly larger in diameter but I can't actually remember if the seal diameter is different or not though.

So an equivalent filter to the S2000 15400-PCX-004 might possibly be of some use?

(not sure if the above makes any sense? when I read it back it confused the fuck out of me...)

Thanks Texx, yes it makes sence to me mate! I could get them to test the part number against the Honda genuine oem filter, surely it should have the part number marked against it like the 4e oem filters do?

Texx

Super Moderator
Honda tend to chop and change quite regularly where they source their oil filters from, so the part number for the same oil filter can be superseded fairly often. Sometimes the latest filter can look identical to the previous versions or sometimes the outer casing can be slightly larger in diameter and so the filter looks physically bigger, but the thread and seal diameter will always be the same.

Are you looking for a filter with the same thread but with a wider sealing ring?

sx_turbo

Lifer
ian is the thread metric or unf?

you dont have to have specific honda or toyota filters.

as long as the filter is large enough to seal propely and hold oil pressure and the thread is correct it be ok.

if you can give me the thread size and the diameter of filter you need i could sort you something out and give you the relevent part number :)

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Honda tend to chop and change quite regularly where they source their oil filters from, so the part number for the same oil filter can be superseded fairly often. Sometimes the latest filter can look identical to the previous versions or sometimes the outer casing can be slightly larger in diameter and so the filter looks physically bigger, but the thread and seal diameter will always be the same.

Are you looking for a filter with the same thread but with a wider sealing ring?

I see what you mean Texx. Im going by what ive been told so far and what ive seen comes with the AB88 Kit on there website. They supply in the picture a light blue Honda genuine oil filter, but as said they dont tell you which one you require.

Ive sent a PM to the lad to see if he can identify any part number on the old oil filter if he still has it, really hope so.

ian is the thread metric or unf?

you dont have to have specific honda or toyota filters.

as long as the filter is large enough to seal propely and hold oil pressure and the thread is correct it be ok.

if you can give me the thread size and the diameter of filter you need i could sort you something out and give you the relevent part number :)

I have no idea mate :(, ive only have this explained to me. Popped onto the Autobahn site and see they supply a "blue" Honda genuine oil filter with them, problem is they dont tell you which one it is.

Might be worth dropping dan_ep82 a pm as he used a autobahn oil cooler on his build.

Cheers Morph, ill do that too :)

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
Get him to try cranking the engine on the starter, my cooler and relocator kit took about and minute or so of this to fill with oil and make ANY pressure.

billzisia

Member +
I use autobahn88 oil cooler with relocator on my gt,and the oil filter i use is for honda &nissan.
It is MAX-nippon max series filter.The code is MO-411.:rockon: