what size injectors?

sanchez

Member +
I have had a search on here but cant find a certain answer to what injectors i will need for my setup.

The setup will be forged td04 but im not sure what HP it will be yet?
I would like to be over 220HP tho!

Anyway i have found some 550cc injectors on ebay, denso or sard, cant remember now? Is that overkill or is it the bigger the better?

cheers

madman

Member +
460cc will be fine for that but id go 550cc incase you decide for something bigger in the future

sanchez

Member +
460cc will be fine for that but id go 550cc incase you decide for something bigger in the future

yeah i was thinking that mate, not sure if i would go bigger turbo in the future but you never know:cool: lol

They are quite expensive but worth it i would say?

Ted

Member +
chris over here mapped a similar setup on emanage ultimate and 370s did the job. larger you go the worse it will go at part throttle/low revs.

dac69er

Super Moderator
chris over here mapped a similar setup on emanage ultimate and 370s did the job. larger you go the worse it will go at part throttle/low revs.

agreed. you want to go with the smallest you can get away with ideally. that way you will get the best running and overall performance

weakboy2

Member +
tbh 370's at 1.5bar must be very close to 100% duty cycle, with 440/460's you will probs be in the 80% band which is much better for control of fuelling and doesnt run as much risk of an injector maxxing out and leaning out

madman

Member +
tbh 370's at 1.5bar must be very close to 100% duty cycle, with 440/460's you will probs be in the 80% band which is much better for control of fuelling and doesnt run as much risk of an injector maxxing out and leaning out

well said

weakboy2

Member +
probs more, depends on turbo size. I have 550's in mine running 1.4bar on TD04. Admittedly its a bit of an art to drive sometimes on low throttle but once you get used to it its fine.

What management have/are you getting?

Rumel786

Member +
440's should be ok mate, also bare in mind if you have an EMB they are not very friendly with 550's apparently (large injectors) from what iv heard, il try finding a post about it.....

sanchez

Member +
i will be running hks fcon guys.
so still no deffinative answer to what size i need ?? lol
someone must know :)

i will be running hks fcon guys.
so still no deffinative answer to what size i need ?? lol
someone must know :)

Answer: there is NO definitive answer
Reason: a number of injectors can be used to obtain what u want, which will also be dependent on a few other things fuel wise (such as base fuel pressure, management controlling ability, tuner ability, etc.)

injector range for your set up sounds like anything from 360/380cc, 440cc, 460cc, 550cc........to be safe seems like 440/460cc is your best bet......but again, there is no definitive/right answer

azerty

Supermoderator
360cc are fine enough at 1.4 bar on td04l 13g. they are probably your best choice on td04l
now if you plan for bigger turbo, you might want to go for 440 cc

Last edited:

sanchez

Member +
360cc are fine enough at 1.4 bar. they are probably your best choice on td04l
now if you plan for bigger turbo, you might want to go for 440 cc

yeah well i was thinking of 440s as some ones selling some on here so maybe go for them then??
can always get some bigger (550s i seen for sale) in the future if i need to.

droopy gt

Member +
i am running tdo5 and i have 550 cc injection running 1.1 bar i have been recommened to got 440 cc or 460 cc to run 1.4 +

ryanerak

Member +
im running sard 330's on my forged TD04L GT, there pretty much at 100% at 1.6 bar, running 1.4 atm because it seems 1.6 kills TD04s lol id go for 400's or as close as you can, best for high boost whilst sill maintaining drivability at low revs