What would you do?

Discussion in 'Chill Out Room' started by John 08, Feb 1, 2019.

1. John 08

John 08 Registered User +

I picked up a standard GT in very good nick in March 17. Always wanted another one after selling multiple ones 7/8 years ago.
    I initially had the idea to keep it standard but then got the itch for a Toms kitted one similar to one I had before.

I luckily picked up a full Toms kit for it along with the full OEM GT Recaro interior. With both installed along with either Toms Igetta/New Actions / Flat face Buddyclub P1's that I have there it would be a well put together car.
    I've another high powered Toyota so I'm not pushed on bigger turbos but maybe a FMIC for the Toms bumper.

I'm in two minds on what to do, I'm thinking it'll hold its value more with it left standard.

Any thoughts on it?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Calum122

Calum122 Registered User +

When I see one as clean as yours, it pains me to see it modified. But you gotta do what's right for you.

I would love a Standard one. And a modified one. But can't have it all!

John 08 likes this.
  3. John 08

That's what I'm thinking myself, its too clean to modify. I'm thinking put in the OEM recaro interior and leave the outside standard.

Have 3 cars so I've told myself I cant get another one :)

Calum122 likes this.
  4. Jay

Jay Admin

I've four modified ones, one of which is going back to standard. Much easier to make the decision now before you start ripping stuff out.

If it were me I'd throw in the recaros, gently restore it back up to a high standard and load it up with other optional extras.

Then put it away and keep it safe from the vultures for about ten years!

John 08 and Calum122 like this.
  5. Calum122

What are the other cars?

6. SKINY

SKINY Registered User +

You don't often see them still in factory spec bud, personally I would fire it all on tho :cool:
    Black TOMS quadlight be lethal looking

7. John 08

I'm thinking of going this route alright, anytime I get a chance to spend some time with it I think its a shame to touch it. :confused:

Have a few optional extras already so think that's the decision made! Know of anyone looking for a full Toms kit in Ireland?

SKINY likes this.
  8. John 08

Have a EP71 Turbo s(in avatar) and a MK4 Supra TT6

9. John 08

I do love the Tom's kit on them but feel like you'd need to do engine work to compliment it :D

SKINY likes this.
  10. Calum122

Wow fabulous car collection.

I don't know what to say.

John 08 likes this.
  11. SKINY

SKINY Registered User +

I will look after the TOMS kit absolutely free of charge if you've no where to put it :p

John 08 likes this.
  12. davehart

davehart Paid Member

I would keep it standard if you have one thats tuned already and keep that as a toy.

I've got two. One to play around with and the other near factory stock, just a few light modifcations. It still has original turbo and hi/low boost setup. It needsa new clutch at the moment so thats the next task on it.

John 08, Calum122 and Jay like this.
  13. John 08

Thanks, that's awful kind of you! :D:D:p

SKINY likes this.
  14. John 08

Ye this thread has convinced me to keep it standard with the Recaro interior. Won't feel right stripping it! :D

Calum122 likes this.
  15. gorganl2000

gorganl2000 Registered User +

i'd also suggest keeping it standard with the recaro interior
    it really does look mint just the way it is

John 08 likes this.