What's bet oil for starlet glanza?

H_D

Member +
Hi what's the best oil for starlet glanza, type and brand cause I want to get some but not no shit stuff

Toyota recommend 5w30 but thats probabaly based on japans climate,

Alot of people use anything from 5w30 to 10w40 but your best bet is to speak to Oilman (opie oils) and he will be able to reccomend a good grade and brand based on what your current set up is.

I personally think the best brand to go with is millers but thats my personal preferance.

Starlet__SR

Member +
I use 5w40 so its got better protection from cold, even more of a reason to use it now we're in winter. Everyonbe has their own personal preference though.

D

AdamB

Member +
I Use 5W40 Millers, as said above, offers better protection from cold, just let it warm up properly before giving it the beans ;)

Starlet__SR

Member +
I always do:) leave it for 5 mins before even driving. Then just let it reach full temp. Most people go off coolant temp and not oil temp

D

Paul_JJ

Member +
If you're on the budget and run standard boost - get decent 10W40 - for example original Toyota oil - pretty cheap one and apparently it's SHELL oil.
If you run extra boost -) then everyone recommend using FUCHS 5W40 - as this oil is desingned to withstand high temperatures and it does give awesome protection, however it's not cheap, but I'm using it personally and would highly recommend it to anyone, with this oil my MPG has improved, so it sort of pays for itself if you do some miles.

Always let the car idle for some time before you drive or drive it off boost till the engine is warm, always after heavy driving let the engine idle for a minute or 2, or drive off boost for 3-5 miles before you intend to stop - this will not only extend your engine life, but also you turbo charger life, as well as improve your MPG.

Use original Toyota Oil filter - those are the best you can get.

dark_knight

Member +
consideration factors

i think an important point to note and state out each time here is that oil choice would also depend not only on the engine mods done, but also the age of the motor and (temperate) climate in which the engine is operated. these are two other important factors that i think should be taken into account.. true or not..?

The other lad put the standard 1 the best one to get lol, the filters by the actuator on glanza isn't it? I fink I've sin it but not sure cause I haven't looked for it properly