Whats your favourite horror film

gv1.3

Admin
I love horror films... to pick a fav though would be tough.

If I had to just pick one... The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre.. the remakes are a disgrace as are the sequels.

The original is raw and just a total scream fest. The very first time I watched it I remember at the end thinking "holy shit what just happened" and Ive lost count of how many times I watched it.

Mike D EP82

Member +
I quite like halloween (1978) though i thought the remakes had a more of a story and were far more brutal, the original was hailed as the best horror film of all time recently (again), adding to this upon release there was no reason for the terrifying michael myers or the shape as hes known in the credits for killing all his victims. this all becomes clear in the sequels why. but in my opiion what made him unique and scary was just the heavy breathing that was only heard ad how tall he was. but the sequels made him tall and built so id definately be running from him if i ever bumped into him :eek:

Rumel786

Member +
My fav horror movies has to be evil dead part 1 & 2.

When i was little though i was frightened of the movie "it the clown" for some reaosn lol

gv1.3

Admin
I love John Carpenters halloween. Its such a simple movie but very effective. Even down to the theme which John Carpenter scored its so simple but puts you on edge.

The second part was okay but the rest of the series were terrible particularly season of the witch.... it didnt even have Mr Myers in it and was about masks WTF I still feel cheated after buying that DVD - bastards

The remakes are very good in my opinion. I agree that they are more complex than the originals, they fill the blanks in and expand the story. They turn "the shape" in to a person. More like a psychotic serial killer than a faceless almost paranormal being.

He doesnt just stab you once and then watch you die slowly he repeatedly slashes and stabs and generally butchers... its why I like the original texas chainsaw massacre. Its not a movie you can walk away from and think "it was a scary monster that doesnt exist". You walk away thinking that could be any remote part of the world with a bloke who could slaughter you... hang you on a hook alive while you watch him fire up his chainsaw and begin to chop you up alive.

For atmosphere I also really like John Carpenters "The Thing". Simple music, again by Mr Carpenter, very atmospheric and a feeling of isolation and hopelessness. Great movie.

-Harry-

Member +
Stephenh King's 'IT' by far. I think its a deeper kind of fear. Not once in the movie does anything jump out at you with a shrill of high pitch music. Bloosy long though

addz

Member +
The saw films are quite gory, well after watching saw VI it's still quite fresh in my mind! lol

The Midnight Meat Train is quite good.

But struggle to chose a favourite!

Gryzor

Admin
The saw films are quite gory, well after watching saw VI it's still quite fresh in my mind! lol

The Midnight Meat Train is quite good.

But struggle to chose a favourite!

the gory level in the meat train:eek:, Vinnie is some hammer boy.

gv1.3

Admin
have you watched any of Wes Cravens other early movies senor Gryzor?

Also have you watched I spit on your grave or any of those movies that were out around then?

Gryzor

Admin
have you watched any of Wes Cravens other early movies senor Gryzor?

Also have you watched I spit on your grave or any of those movies that were out around then?

No, I had a look for a copy a while ago and didn't turn up anything, I'll have to give rabidshare a blast this evening.

the hills have eyes is worth a look loved what the did with remake, but the 2nd one was a disaster.

SupaStu

Member +
I thought the Ring and the Grudge were pretty disturbing (both jap and western versions).

The original Texas chainsaw massacre scared the crap outta me, even the music was creepy.

I loved jeepers creepers, i watched it without knowing anything about it, and was like wtf?!

gv1.3

Admin
haha I like Jeepers Creepers too.. its a mad movie... but the second one was terrible.

Ive a Wes Craven boxset with all of his early stuff like hills have eyes, last house on the left.. mind ripper.. I think last house on the left was the best of them.

What about the original nightmare on elm street? looks pretty dated now - johnny depp is only a kid in it.

iamlegend

Member +
night of the living dead, dawn of the dead +dawn of the dead 04, day of the dead (george romero)

the chuckys are kool

drag me to hell FTW

Gryzor

Admin
:freddy: Nightmare on elm st. 1 is the only one that is worth watching, the rest are comedies.

They Live for the final scene

The Stuff - good for all you yogurt lovers :beer:

Bad Boy Bubby !!! possibly my fav.

Its no surprise Stephen King hasn't even been mentioned