wheel rub on arch

zee20

Member +
right peeps, the other day i went to dewsbury and i had two passengers with me, whenever i went over a bump or a pot hole the driver side tyre rubbed the arch.

any idea's how to fix this?as i have already replaced all 4 shocks but still its happening

GTdan

In The Closet
front or rear??

what size tyres are you running?? tyre size? offset of alloy??

You could just get your arches rolled - around 30-50 an arch.

zee20

Member +
front or rear??

what size tyres are you running?? tyre size? offset of alloy??

You could just get your arches rolled - around 30-50 an arch.

rear drivers side and tyres are 195/50/r15 and offset i dunno but had tracking done recently and it was way off, think it was 5cm

monka

Member +
get an adjustable panhard rod, or raise the car abit

the tracking was out 5cm? thats a fucking lot,

she been up a tree?>

zee20

Member +
get an adjustable panhard rod, or raise the car abit

the tracking was out 5cm? thats a fucking lot,

she been up a tree?>

no idea whats been going on with the car, how would i rise the car?its like a go kart right now

monka

Member +
if its on coilovers raise them, if its on springs, you'll have to find ones that dont lower as much.

did you get the tracking sorted? or just found out it was that much out?

i'd get an adjustable panhard rod to be honest, probally cheaper, and easier than fitting new springs

zee20

Member +
if its on coilovers raise them, if its on springs, you'll have to find ones that dont lower as much.

did you get the tracking sorted? or just found out it was that much out?

i'd get an adjustable panhard rod to be honest, probally cheaper, and easier than fitting new springs

yeh sorted the tracking out as it needed two new rear tyres, panhard rod ey will that lift the back of the car?

Phenom

Member +
right peeps, the other day i went to dewsbury and i had two passengers with me, whenever i went over a bump or a pot hole the driver side tyre rubbed the arch.

any idea's how to fix this?as i have already replaced all 4 shocks but still its happening

If you don't want to raise the rear - DON'T carry rear passengers - sorted...;)

monka

Member +
yeh sorted the tracking out as it needed two new rear tyres, panhard rod ey will that lift the back of the car?

no

where the car has been lowered at the back, because of the suspension set up that toyota decided to use it pushes the rear beam to one side, putting the panhard rod in althoughs you to adjust it back to the middle, so the wheels are set central

GTdan

In The Closet
the front wheels sometimes rub the arches when i go over a bump the tyres scrape the wheel arches

right in that case your car is either:

too low
offset of the alloy to big and pushing them out too far/or not far enough

where are the rubbing?? is it on the arch itself??

zee20

Member +
right in that case your car is either:

too low
offset of the alloy to big and pushing them out too far/or not far enough

where are the rubbing?? is it on the arch itself??

they are rubbing on the inside of the arch and the outer wall of the tyre, this happens mostly when im going fast and over a bump

GTdan

In The Closet
they are rubbing on the inside of the arch and the outer wall of the tyre, this happens mostly when im going fast and over a bump

well spacers wouldnt solve this as this would push the wheel further out towards the arch.

So drive slow over bumps - or like i said before the only way to fix it is to get your wheel arches rolled, so it will give you a few more mm clearence which should resolve your issue.

zee20

Member +
well spacers wouldnt solve this as this would push the wheel further out towards the arch.

So drive slow over bumps - or like i said before the only way to fix it is to get your wheel arches rolled, so it will give you a few more mm clearence which should resolve your issue.

i have no idea who would roll wheel arches and how much this would cost so dan please enlighten me lol

GTdan

In The Closet
ring round your local tyre places and ask about wheel arch rolling -they should be able to tell you who can do it.

Cost ive seen from anywhere from 25-50 per arch.

zee20

Member +
ring round your local tyre places and ask about wheel arch rolling -they should be able to tell you who can do it.

Cost ive seen from anywhere from 25-50 per arch.

that adds up to 100+ for all 4 arches, might aswell get 4 standard springs and see what happens then

GTdan

In The Closet
yep - check what offset your wheels are, wondering if your offsets too big and pushing them out - therefore you know that its the actuall wheels that are the causing the problem and not the suspensions etc.